RUNNING A BIT LUMPY

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
WRS4
2nd Gear

RUNNING A BIT LUMPY

Post by WRS4 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:44 pm

Hi all, its been a while since i last posted but sadly i fell ill, not too worry im fighting fit again.

So my car is running ok, no serious issues or anything like that, but she is just very slightly running lumpy, funds are tight at the moment due to this covid situation as i guess its affected most of you too, so i was just wondering whats a cheap fix as in worth trying even if it doesnt help?

I was thinking maybe a fuel addative but there is mixed thoughts on doing this, me personally whats the harm in adding something to the fuel system? at worse it wont help at best it cleans the pipes out a little and hopefully the jets ect.

Anyway any ideas much appreciated and any brands to use too please...

hope you are all safe.
Sprint Blue RS4 - 20" X 10J 3DSM Wheels - Carbon Front Splitter - Carbon Rear Diffuser - H & R Anti Roll Bars - Bilstein Adjustable Shocks - Milltek Exhaust System - De Catted - Valve Removed - MRC Stage 2 Re-Map - 480 bhp

Crasher35
Neutral

Re: RUNNING A BIT LUMPY

Post by Crasher35 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:27 pm

Hi how old is the actual fuel ? If it's momentum or v power I think they keep their octane rating for about 3 months might just be that failing that take the plugs out and give them a light clean .

johnnydog
3rd Gear

Post by johnnydog » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:07 pm

I don't think it would be fuel related although some fresh fuel can't do anything but help just in case it actually is old fuel related.
My RS4 (albeit a B8) had a reasonable quantity of Tesco 99 Momentum in it at the start of the last lockdown last March, and I surrendered the tax from April as I wouldn't be using it and I only put it back in the road on December. During this time it didn't turn a wheel, but it ran fine when I began using it again. And the fuel had been in it for around 9 months.
It was like driving a new car...!
I'd give yours a long run and exercise its legs for a bit before rushing to get any work done, especially if the EML hasn't come with the 'rough' running.

TrevoRS4
Neutral

Post by TrevoRS4 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:53 am

Do you have VCDS to run any logs?

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”