Help - Installed new Pioneer head unit, no sound on phone calls

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
oxblood8
Neutral

Help - Installed new Pioneer head unit, no sound on phone calls

Post by oxblood8 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:47 am

Hi all

So just installed a new Pioneer head unit (https://www.pioneer.com.au/shop/car/dmh-z5350bt/). I used Aerpro wiring harness adapters as per the following kit (https://aerpro.com/fp9202k)

Spotify works, Bluetooth audio works if i play music from the phone, no problems.

However when i want to make a phone call either with Android Auto or just bluetooth, there is no sound at all coming through the speakers. If I call someone, I cannot hear the dial tone and once they answer, they can hear me fine, but I cannot hear them. If they ring me, no sound comes through the speakers.

I've trawled the net looking for solutions but nothing has worked, thought it would be a setting on phone or headunit but I'll be damned if i can find anything.

Have tried using Android phone (using Android Auto and straight bluetooth) and iPhone (only straight bluetooth) and neither work.

Anyone have any ideas as to what may be wrong? Is there some trickery with the Bose unit?

mikep99
4th Gear

Re: Help - Installed new Pioneer head unit, no sound on phone calls

Post by mikep99 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:01 pm

Have you made sure you've given access as per the attached (android).
It's in your Bluetooth menu. After you've paired with the headunit, click on it in the list of bluetooth devices.

Mike
Screenshot_2021-01-08-10-58-57-544_com.android.settings.jpg
Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

oxblood8
Neutral

Post by oxblood8 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:08 pm

Yep it has access for calls.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

oxblood8
Neutral

Post by oxblood8 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:16 am

Got it sorted, originally i thought it was Standard vs Network mode so did a factory reset and changed to Network. Phone started working but then there was no music through the front speakers. Then realised I had the FR and FL RCA's plugged into the wrong ones on the back. Plugged in correctly and all working now.

Does anyone know whether we need to use Standard or Network mode?

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”