LED foglamp upgrade....Admitted defeat

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
MIDZ
2nd Gear

LED foglamp upgrade....Admitted defeat

Post by MIDZ » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:51 pm

Decided to have a go at installing LED H11 bulbs into the front fogs even after reading the issues that can crop up, and yes after installing LED CANBUS error free bulbs I started the car up and both left & right fog errors appeared the dash. I went a step further and ordered plug & play resistors which I tried first on the RHS, it seemed to work-no error on right, only the left side which had no resistor.
Next job was to remove the front bumper and install both resistors to each side properly and neatly tuck the wiring away, making sure the resistors were screwed on to a metal surface. I did all this, fitted the bumper and tried it again, now LHS ok-no error, and RHS showing error? Yet both led's working perfect-no flickering etc.
So the bumper will have to come back off and remove the led's/resistors. I can't be bothered investigating or going any further with trying to resolve the LED error problem, I've ordered two PIAA xtreme white halogens which will hopefully look brighter than the original halogens and without errors....

On a plus note I replaced all the interior bulbs with a LED upgrade kit, what a difference and looks much better than the nicotine shade the old bulbs emitted

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”