Time for a Change

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Cabar Feidh
1st Gear

Time for a Change

Post by Cabar Feidh » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:27 pm

Hi folks, hope everybody is well and coping in these difficult times.

Not been on here much for a while, much less posting but still a great source of information as always.

However, after almost 9 fantastic years in my B7 saloon I've finally decided to make a change. There's not been anything I really wanted to change to given there's been no saloons and after 13 years in Audis, the competition just didn't do it. The B7 has been a great car and still brings a smile to my face every time I drive it so it wasn't too much of a hardship to keep it this long. My mileage has been reduced for the last 4 years owing to change of jobs and less of a commute so it's only done 92.5k miles and I've not had any real big issues with it.

When the RS5 Sportback was announced in 2017 and probably completely killed off any chances of an RS4 saloon, I finally thought here's something I might change to but it dragged on and on and thought it would never happen! They then only realeased 250 of the Sport Edition last year which coincided with some dubiety on the job front so I couldn't commit. However, works now stable despite COVID so I took advantage of a lot of spare time to look into cars and after doing the Drive the Deal and CarWow thing, I pulled the trigger on a new facelift RS5 Sportback from Dundee/Aberdeen Audi a few weeks back. They had one in the system with a build week of 13 so would be one of the first to be built after restart of production. Heard a couple of weeks ago it was built and heard this week it's in the U.K. So hopefully should be picking it up in a couple of weeks - can't wait!😀

I've gone for the Carbon Black in Nardo Grey, Sports Exhaust, Pano Roof, Comfort & Sound and Red Brake Calipers. Not cheap but it's the first time I've bought a new car and probably the last as I'll keep it for a good few years so decided to get exactly what I wanted and not regret it later. I'll be near retiring age by the time I'll need to change again! 😆

Fortunately circumstances mean I can hold on to the B7 though - just don't want to sell it as there'll never be another V8 manual saloon! There's a few bits and pieces needing doing so I'll get them done and see how I get on with the practicality and costs of running two cars albeit the B7 will be run sparingly... would like to keep it sub 100k miles!

I'll post up some photos once received possibly in RS5 section however it's pretty quiet in there!

All the best
Mike

MIDZ
2nd Gear

Re: Time for a Change

Post by MIDZ » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:23 am

Nice choice Mike, I like the RS5 and been watching prices on 2nd hand 2018/2019 pre-facelift models (carbon & sport editions)

Saying that I've had my B7 saloon for almost 6 years and it's never missed a beat or gave much bother at all, albeit it does very little mileage as I work away. I bought it more than anything for the sound and feel of the V8 and to let that go for a sophisticated cutting edge turbo'd engine with more refinement and less raw I'm not sure. I'll probably keep it and uninstall Auto-trader off my phone for a bit..ha

Good luck with you're new brief when it arrives :thumbs:

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:55 pm

RS5 does look a nice bit of kit!
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:30 pm

I understand totally I had two RS4 B7' saloons for a total of 13 years. The best car I have ever had. Both now gone, with regret.
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

Cabar Feidh
1st Gear

Post by Cabar Feidh » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:09 am

Evening all

Well after the long wait I finally picked up the RS5 last Thursday and wow! Even more stunning in the flesh - first time I’ve actually seen one close up and I’m more than happy I’ve made the right choice. It’s been turning a lot of heads and getting a lot of positive comments already.

Took it easy for the first few days but as I’m getting familiar with it I’m giving it a bit more - nothing stupid yet though as I will try and give it the 1000 miles before going full out. There seems to be two trains of thought on this but I’ve decided to err in the side of caution. But even with what I have done it feels so much faster than the B7 and you just don’t realise how fast you’re going. Then there’s the tech - so much more advanced but then again the B7 is 13 years old now and seems so primitive in comparison! 😆

I was going to attach some photos but they’re appearing upside down - stupid iPhone 🤬 will do that from my PC. Well here’s one at least but you’ll have to rotate yourselves! 😀
Attachments
A85744AA-6747-4461-8095-1AA17DC118CA.jpeg
Last edited by Cabar Feidh on Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

noidea
3rd Gear

Post by noidea » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:14 am

Cabar Feidh wrote:Evening all

Well after the long wait I finally picked up the RS5 last Thursday and wow! Even more stunning in the flesh - first time I’ve actually seen one close up and I’m more than happy I’ve made the right choice. It’s been turning a lot of heads and getting a lot of positive comments already.

Took it easy for the first few days but as I’m getting familiar with it I’m giving it a bit more - nothing stupid yet though as I will try and give it the 1000 miles before going full out. There seems to be two trains of thought on this but I’ve decided to err in the side of caution. But even with what I have done it feels so much faster than the B7 and you just don’t realise how fast you’re going. Then there’s the tech - so much more advanced but then again the B7 is 13 years old now and seems so primitive in comparison! Image

I was going to attach some photos but they’re appearing upside down - stupid iPhone Image will do that from my PC. Well here’s one at least but you’ll have to rotate yourselves! Image
Not normally a fan of Nardo, but it suits the lines of the sportback
Well done and enjoy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MIDZ
2nd Gear

Post by MIDZ » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:18 am

Car looks amazing Mike. Enjoy it and that new car smell....

Nige_RS4
Cruising

Post by Nige_RS4 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:15 am

Is it an Australian import :)
www.speedcams.co.uk

B5 2.7t S4 - gone
B5 2.7t RS4 - gone
Ed 30 Golf DSG - gone
A5 3.0tdi - gone within 12 months!
S3 2.0 tfsi - 6+ years, but now sold
2018 Golf R 7.5

Brooner
Cruising

Post by Brooner » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:37 am

I for one will look forward to the final paint colour 🤣😆🤣
2018 B9 RS4 Navarra Blue
2013 B8 RS4 Sepang Blue
2007 B7 RS4 Avant Sprint Blue
2001 B5 RS4 Nogaro Blue
1998 B5 S4 Avant Kingfisher Blue
1993 B4 S2 Avant laser Red

bobededog1
Neutral

Post by bobededog1 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:20 pm

First time I've even seen a picture of the sport back.
Looks fantastic.
Enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Cabar Feidh
1st Gear

Post by Cabar Feidh » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:06 pm

Thanks guys

1. Smell is amazing!
2. Youre not the first person to say that Brooner and I dare say you wont be the last either..... 🥱😆😆😆
3. Its only Australian if you dont open the picture 😁 - it opens up the right way up as Ive just discovered. You learn something every day.
4. Not many of the RS5 Sportbacks going about - only had a fleeting glimpse of what I imagine is the same one in Aberdeen, twice. Its also in Nardo but with silver wheels - think its one of the Sport Editions from last year. They have also got another one in the Aberdeen showroom again in Nardo but not the Carbon Black edition. First time I saw one in the flesh close up was when I picked it up last week...

Only done about 100 miles so far but that will change tomorrow - run down to see family in Wishaw so that will add close to 300. Unfortunately mother will be in the car so will have to take it easy...ish!

Heres some further pics, right way up this time!
Attachments
IMG_1943.jpg
IMG_1955.jpg
IMG_1960.jpg
IMG_1961.jpg
IMG_1963.jpg

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”