Acceleration sudden dip in power when acceleration at around 5000 rpm

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
RS4B7MGB
Neutral

Acceleration sudden dip in power when acceleration at around 5000 rpm

Post by RS4B7MGB » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:34 pm

Good evening all,

I am having an issue when accelerating, its always in the same spot on the rev range. Just after 5000 RPM.

I can accelerate hard till then keep the power on and there will be a sudden and very short dip in power.

But then the car will keep accelerating as normal from that point on. Its very odd, I though it could be the clutch but that should slip all over the power range??

The car has just had a carbon clean new spark plugs and new ignition coils.

Has anyone experienced this before was thinking it could be fuel filter or injectors.

Cheers for the help. :redrs4:

12th
3rd Gear

Re: Acceleration sudden dip in power when acceleration at around 5000 rpm

Post by 12th » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:26 am

Does it always happen i.e. not dependent upon car being warm? When one of my fuel pumps went, I had dips develop in the midrange.
Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Saloon with MRC tweakery.

RS4eddie
1st Gear

Post by RS4eddie » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:22 pm

Could be the airbox flap..I had this issue and removed the flap along with the assembly, and this resolved it. That flap is prone to getting stuck which would cause those hiccups in power.. Does it feel like quick fuel cuts as you are accelerating?
2007 RS4 | Phantom Black | Milltek'ed | LED DRL'ed | H&R wheel spaced | 034 Density Line control armed | Hotchkis F + R Sway Barred | K&N Filtered | Ziza lit | Lamix-ed | Passport 9500ix hardwired | Dension Pro BT'ed | StopTech Brake Padded

Hcb
Neutral

Post by Hcb » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:32 pm

I think this happened to me. 3rd gear hard acceleration onto the motorway and then it was like I dipped the clutch. Can't really remember if the revs stayed the same or went up though. Didn't happen a few days ago and car was warmer today than a previous. On reading up on clutches here I don't think it's that as clutch pedal feels normal.

RS4B7MGB
Neutral

Post by RS4B7MGB » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:35 pm

Yeh it seemed to happen in third gear.
That’s exactly what it feels like. It’s almost as if the clutch is suddenly dipped for a split second. And then the car continues to accelerate as normal.
Wonder if it could be dirty injectors.
Going to take it and have a dyno and see if occurs on there might show up on the read out.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”