Bilstein coilover and spacers question.

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
borry
Neutral

Bilstein coilover and spacers question.

Post by borry » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:19 pm

Hi all.

I had a ton of work done on my B7 RS4 one of them was the shocks. One of the OEM shocks failed and as they are so expensive I opted for adjustable Bilstein coilovers instead.

They look really good with spacers on front and rear but they are sat just a bit too low. Now this leads me on to my question, if I adjust the height of the suspension will that affect the stance of the car or will the spacers remain flush throughout the entire height range? (I hope this makes sense.)

I just wouldn't want to raise it around 30mm and it put my spacers out of sync.

Many thanks for any help with this.

JamesBaby
3rd Gear

Re: Bilstein coilover and spacers question.

Post by JamesBaby » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:58 pm

By raising it you will cause the wheel to have less camber. So they will slope inward at the top of the wheel slightly less. In other words the wheel will be more vertical in the arch.

I doubt you’d be able to tell. If anything it’d look like it’s filling the arch more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

borry
Neutral

Re: Bilstein coilover and spacers question.

Post by borry » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:18 pm

JamesBaby wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:58 pm
By raising it you will cause the wheel to have less camber. So they will slope inward at the top of the wheel slightly less. In other words the wheel will be more vertical in the arch.

I doubt you’d be able to tell. If anything it’d look like it’s filling the arch more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Many thanks JamesBaby that sounds ideal!! :jump_clap:

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”