Out of hibernation!

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
MapleSyrupJizz
Neutral

Out of hibernation!

Post by MapleSyrupJizz » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:53 pm

Hey everyone!

I hope you’re all having a great Christmas break.

I’ve had the RS4 laid up for the last 3 months and had my old hack to plod around over the winter. I miss RS4 so I’m gonna have it back as of Jan 1st.

I went to check on it today. I took the cover off and reconnected the battery and it started just fine. No problems.

The traction control light was on when I first started it but I figured a small drive and a few turns of the wheel will sort that. So not too worried.

I let it tick over for a while until it got a good bit of temperature into it and I carefully to the revs up to about 3k. Then the EPC light came on. I turned it off and back on again. And it was still there.

I haven’t driven the car. I won’t till I have it taxed and ready to go. Will the light go out after a drive?

Does anyone have any ideas of what this might be?

I’ve since left the battery connected and connected a battery charger to it to condition the battery and tucked it all back up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Blayne

AA_954
1st Gear

Re: Out of hibernation!

Post by AA_954 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:10 pm

MapleSyrupJizz wrote:Hey everyone!

I’ve had the RS4 laid up for the last 3 months and had my old hack to plod around over the winter. I miss RS4 so I’m gonna have it back as of Jan 1st.

I went to check on it today. I took the cover off and reconnected the battery and it started just fine. No problems.

The traction control light was on when I first started it but I figured a small drive and a few turns of the wheel will sort that. So not too worried.

I let it tick over for a while until it got a good bit of temperature into it and I carefully to the revs up to about 3k. Then the EPC light came on. I turned it off and back on again. And it was still there.

I haven’t driven the car. I won’t till I have it taxed and ready to go. Will the light go out after a drive?

I’ve since left the battery connected and connected a battery charger to it to condition the battery and tucked it all back up.

Thanks,
Blayne
Traction control light is a consequence of disconnecting/reconnecting the battery, that will go off once you take it for a spin.

For the EPC you will need to get a code reader to understand whats making it turn on, ie stuck flaps, etc... but anything we can share is pure speculation until we know the code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MapleSyrupJizz
Neutral

Post by MapleSyrupJizz » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:46 pm

AA_954 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:10 pm

Thanks,
Blayne
Traction control light is a consequence of disconnecting/reconnecting the battery, that will go off once you take it for a spin.

For the EPC you will need to get a code reader to understand whats making it turn on, ie stuck flaps, etc... but anything we can share is pure speculation until we know the code.

Yeah I figured as much. I’ll see if I can get a diagnostic tool and plug it in.

It’s just the tax in this country is absolutely outrageous. It’s €511 for 3 months. Last thing I need is to tax it and then have another big juicy bill on top.

Thanks for the reply regardless. Appreciate it.

AA_954
1st Gear

Post by AA_954 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:50 pm

MapleSyrupJizz wrote:
AA_954 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:10 pm

Thanks,
Blayne

Yeah I figured as much. I’ll see if I can get a diagnostic tool and plug it in.

It’s just the tax in this country is absolutely outrageous. It’s €511 for 3 months. Last thing I need is to tax it and then have another big juicy bill on top.

Thanks for the reply regardless. Appreciate it.
Damn thats crazy! Code reader will let us know whats going on...

MarksRS
1st Gear

Post by MarksRS » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:41 pm

I had my car laid up for 6 months and after first drive following hibernation the EPC light came on. Had me worried but filled it with fresh Shell v power and light/warning went out. Perhaps old fuel?

MapleSyrupJizz
Neutral

Post by MapleSyrupJizz » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:20 pm

MarksRS wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:41 pm
I had my car laid up for 6 months and after first drive following hibernation the EPC light came on. Had me worried but filled it with fresh Shell v power and light/warning went out. Perhaps old fuel?
Yeah I was thinking that. Unfortunately we don’t get VPower where I am :( only E5 which is 95RON with 5% ethanol.

I had a trip to the Nürburgring in August and it was the first time I tried it with 98RON and subsequently VPower Racing which is 100RON in Germany and Wow!! What a difference! Car ran smoother and did way more MPG. It was like having a second sport button.

I’ll fill it up at the end start of next month and hope for the best!

On this not actually; Anyone know any good octane boosters?

I’ve been using millers and seems fine but always open to better ones. I’ve heard NF Booster is good.

Any thoughts from anyone?

AA_954
1st Gear

Post by AA_954 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:24 pm

MapleSyrupJizz wrote:
MarksRS wrote:
Yeah I was thinking that. Unfortunately we don’t get VPower where I am :( only E5 which is 95RON with 5% ethanol.

I had a trip to the Nürburgring in August and it was the first time I tried it with 98RON and subsequently VPower Racing which is 100RON in Germany and Wow!! What a difference! Car ran smoother and did way more MPG. It was like having a second sport button.

I’ll fill it up at the end start of next month and hope for the best!

On this not actually; Anyone know any good octane boosters?

I’ve been using millers and seems fine but always open to better ones. I’ve heard NF Booster is good.

Any thoughts from anyone?

I use Torco Accelerator when I fuel up in places different than my local Shell but I’m not sure if you can find that over there.

MapleSyrupJizz
Neutral

Post by MapleSyrupJizz » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:48 pm

MarksRS wrote:
You were spot on! Fresh fuel and it’s running well with no EPC light.

Thanks!

In other news though some mice got in. Anyone any tips on how the remedy this?
025FD0B6-5BC0-4B7E-B9EF-55D421A7CFED.jpeg
C0BF5023-7806-4A2F-AE5B-6241C9D033B1.jpeg
55A8709A-6981-4AC2-8077-798CAD8917C8.jpeg

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”