FOR SALE !!!

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
WRS4
2nd Gear

FOR SALE !!!

Post by WRS4 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:18 pm

I will try and keep this short and explain the situation I'm in. This morning my car engine light came on, the car was running lumpy and smoke was coming out the exhaust in a bad way. As I was near home I managed to get her back ok and phoned the AA.

They said there's no oil left in the car and oil on the road underneath and looks like a oil leak towards the back of the engine.

This could be a pipe, oil seal or worst a new engine which I very much doubt as until this the car has run perfectly fine, so its actually strange why this has even happened. The point is the car can not be moved or driven and will have to go on a lorry to be transported.

As I not long ago lost my wife and became a single parent, I have no funds spare to fix this car. I had her 2 years, paid 17k and spent a lot of money on mods and works undertaken at MRC. I ALSO ONLY 10 MONTHS AGO had a gearbox rebuild and new clutch fitted, over all the car looks amazing and until now run very well. This issue has come without warning.

I cant afford to get it taken to numerous garages and have various mechanics look her over, I would also guess with my luck I wont be able to afford to fix her so yes its a long shot but IF I sell her as is would anyone want to offer me sensible offers ? the highest obviously being the one to have her IF I SELL HER that is, I am just testing the ground so to speak.
Attachments
BLANKED NUMBER PLATE.jpg
PLATE DELETED S.jpg
PLATE DELETED.jpg
Sprint Blue RS4 - 20" X 10J 3DSM Wheels - Carbon Front Splitter - Carbon Rear Diffuser - H & R Anti Roll Bars - Bilstein Adjustable Shocks - Milltek Exhaust System - De Catted - Valve Removed - MRC Stage 2 Re-Map - 480 bhp

FrazerD
4th Gear

Re: FOR SALE !!!

Post by FrazerD » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:29 pm

How far did you drive the car with the symptoms?

It all depends what you think is sensible? This is subjective so I suggest you work out what you are actually going to do and go from there.

Cheers :thumbs:

mikep99
4th Gear

Post by mikep99 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:30 pm

You sure its not just the oil cooler pipes?
Can be checked easily enough before you decide to sell.

Mike

WRS4
2nd Gear

Post by WRS4 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:54 pm

I only drove it from the local petrol station approx. half a mile, and as there is oil under the car and dripping then AA suggested there was still oil in the car when I drove it home, as for sensible offers, yes I appreciate its subjective but as I say if I do let her go then what ever the highest offer is can have her I cant be more fair than that as im not happy about it anyway
Sprint Blue RS4 - 20" X 10J 3DSM Wheels - Carbon Front Splitter - Carbon Rear Diffuser - H & R Anti Roll Bars - Bilstein Adjustable Shocks - Milltek Exhaust System - De Catted - Valve Removed - MRC Stage 2 Re-Map - 480 bhp

Chinny
2nd Gear

FOR SALE !!!

Post by Chinny » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:45 pm

Can you get the car up onto stands to look where the leak is? It could be a cheap fix. The car looks in such good condition it would be a shame to sell it without trying to locate the leak??

Where you at? Maybe someone from here could help getting it up in the air?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Coat
4th Gear

Post by The_Coat » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:58 pm

If it's oil cooler pipes then it'll start dripping from the front left of the car. You'll also get some at the back as the oil runs down the undertray.

What's your location? Someone should be able to recommend a garage for someone to take a look or someone on here would also be happy to help I'm sure.

I wouldn't sell it until you have confirmed the issue as you'll just get ripped off.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

RS4 Avant - Misano Red

alex760
1st Gear

Post by alex760 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:08 am

Yea what is your location, I'd be happy to come and at least try and locate the leak for you if you're not to far away.

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:23 pm

Some great people on here.
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

ArthurPE
Cruising

Post by ArthurPE » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:14 pm

imo you must take it to a garage and see what is wrong
Usually the difference in what you can get for a running vs non-running car will FAR outweigh the cost of repair. And it will be much easier to sell.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe...Albert Einstein

Toady1
3rd Gear

Post by Toady1 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:27 pm

some <beep> luck, I feel for you. Hopefully there are some nice people on here that can help you out.

Is the engine making any knocking sounds? Did the oil pressure warning light come on? Are you sure the oil smoke is exiting the exhaust, or not burning off from under it?

I've just read you said EML came on, was this the oil light? Also that you said no oil left in car, that's not good. But can you not check this yourself?

edit to add - if the engine isn't knocking when you first start it up and rev it, then why don't you fill it u p with enough oil to register on the dip stick, then see whilst its running if you can see where it is leaking from. I'd advise putting some oil in first though!!! IF its not knocking then your engine 'may' be ok!

RS4LAD
3rd Gear

Post by RS4LAD » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:12 pm

If you’re anywhere near Wolverhampton or the Midlands I’ll take a look for you. If it’s the oil cooler lines you can save her buddy. You may be very lucky if it is that.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”