AUDI RS4 SALOON WHEEL ALIGNMENT SET UP?

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
MikeFish
Cruising

Re: AUDI RS4 SALOON WHEEL ALIGNMENT SET UP?

Post by MikeFish » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:36 pm

marc1 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:13 pm
Need more pictures mate. Looks mean... as per all your cars haha. Have you dropped it yet? Looks a bit lower than stock. MP4S tyres I assume. What are the plans for it?
Yes, it was lowered as soon as I got it. Yes MP4s tyres now. Huge cold and wet weather improvement over factory P-Zero Corsas which are very good but only when hot. Not a great choice for a RWD car in the UK if you ask me.
I'll start a build thread when I get the chance. Lots of mods already. Not a lot left to do to it now; think a subwoofer and the stereo in general is next on my to do list.

FrazerD wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:22 pm
First photo I have seen of it. Looks great, have you decided wether to keep the wheels or change them?

Cheers :thumbs:
Thanks. Wheels already changed them. The car only comes with 19" which look too small in my opinion. So I bought a set of Stelvio Quadrifolgio 20" wheels and put some black rubber bands in place of the tyres. Tyres are 25 profile on the rear! Bit crashier over bumps but worth it.

Dinosroume wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:35 pm

The most beautiful Giualia i ever seen :bigblink:

Don't you ever think try change the wheels she looks perfect. Always take care your tires RWD cars don't forgive like your previous B7 and RS6.

You was an audi fun , how did you end up with the alfa?

I'm not italian cars fun but this is one of the most beautiful saloons i ever seen.

Your next set should be the PSS on the alfa , when i got my car 10 months ago it had an old set of PSS and i replaced with a new set.
I didn't expect a 255/35/19 tire to be that good in rain altough the roads here in greece have bad traction because of the bad terrain quality and bumpy roads.
Thanks. As stated above, the wheels have already been changed. Same basic style but bigger and more aggressive shape / more concave.
I won't be trying PSS as they are the older and inferior version of the PS4S which I have on now. I had the PSS on my RS6 but I think these PS4S are better.

ArthurPE wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:27 pm

Great looking car
Is it lowered? In my opinion the ride height is perfect
Remember get a couple of passengers in it and drops more, ~10 mm or so
Ceramic brakes?
Black is great, butt a pita lol
Thanks again. Yes lowered but not a lot. Alfa raised the ride height on 2018 cars due to customers moaning about scraping the front spoiler but then got more moans about the raised looks so went back to the original height for 2019. So mines was not too bad to start with but needed to be a little lower.
Yes, ceramic brakes all round, same discs and calipers as the Ferrari California I am told.
I agree about the colour, but I haven't bought a car that wasn't black since 2005 so kind used to it now.

ArthurPE
Cruising

Post by ArthurPE » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:12 pm

My AMG is lowered on H&R, 15 mm or so
imho too much and it compromises ride, handling and looks
Yours imo looks perfect, small tight even gap between fender/tire
The brakes are awesome and a bargAin, $8000 US, iirc MB wants 6500 for fronts alone
Do you have any spacers?
From reading/tests that car is very fast and a geeat handler

Mine is black too, my first
As long as washed properly and a good coat of wax on it pretty easy to maintain
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe...Albert Einstein

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:25 pm

I was trying to work out why the wheels seemed to fill the arches more but looked like the stock cloverleaf ones. It’s because they’re the Stelvio Quadrifolgio 20’s. Looks spot on. Need to avoid potholes with 25 profiles.

ArthurPE
Cruising

Post by ArthurPE » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:44 pm

marc1 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:25 pm
I was trying to work out why the wheels seemed to fill the arches more but looked like the stock cloverleaf ones. It’s because they’re the Stelvio Quadrifolgio 20’s. Looks spot on. Need to avoid potholes with 25 profiles.
20's! Did not realize that.
I looked at the configurator and they are required with the ceramics.
It does look good, all business, imo not over the top
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe...Albert Einstein

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:39 pm

ArthurPE wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:12 pm
My AMG is lowered on H&R, 15 mm or so
imho too much and it compromises ride, handling and looks
Yours imo looks perfect, small tight even gap between fender/tire
The brakes are awesome and a bargAin, $8000 US, iirc MB wants 6500 for fronts alone
Do you have any spacers?
From reading/tests that car is very fast and a geeat handler

Mine is black too, my first
As long as washed properly and a good coat of wax on it pretty easy to maintain
I had spacers on with the original wheels and they looked good. Couldn't go too wide at the front as when in full look the front of the tyre would rub the wheel arch liner. Never seen that before on any car. I assume the designers wanted to keep as small a gap around the wheel as possible for air flow reasons. When I put the 20s on I wanted to see how much clearance there was around the wheel before going with spacers as the front wheels are wider and both sets have different offsets from original wheels. Think I need to add some spacers still but maybe a bit spacer than before.

Yes it's pretty quick once you get going, probably made to feel faster by the lack of AWD that I'm used to. But it handles great, bit like the B7 but better as long as conditions are right.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:39 pm

And I have paint protection film on half the car so help keep those swirls at bay.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:41 pm

marc1 wrote:
Yes it's a subtle change until you see it side by side with a standard car.
luckily the roads around here are not too bad but always looking out for potholes!

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:42 pm

ArthurPE wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:44 pm
marc1 wrote:
20's! Did not realize that.
I looked at the configurator and they are required with the ceramics.
It does look good, all business, imo not over the top
There is no 20 inch option for the Giulia. The quadrifoglio only came with 19 inch wheels even with the ceramics. The Stelvio quad came with 20 inch wheels though and that's what I bought for my giulia.

Dinosroume
1st Gear

Post by Dinosroume » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:30 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:36 pm
marc1 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:13 pm
Need more pictures mate. Looks mean... as per all your cars haha. Have you dropped it yet? Looks a bit lower than stock. MP4S tyres I assume. What are the plans for it?
Yes, it was lowered as soon as I got it. Yes MP4s tyres now. Huge cold and wet weather improvement over factory P-Zero Corsas which are very good but only when hot. Not a great choice for a RWD car in the UK if you ask me.
I'll start a build thread when I get the chance. Lots of mods already. Not a lot left to do to it now; think a subwoofer and the stereo in general is next on my to do list.

FrazerD wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:22 pm
First photo I have seen of it. Looks great, have you decided wether to keep the wheels or change them?

Cheers :thumbs:
Thanks. Wheels already changed them. The car only comes with 19" which look too small in my opinion. So I bought a set of Stelvio Quadrifolgio 20" wheels and put some black rubber bands in place of the tyres. Tyres are 25 profile on the rear! Bit crashier over bumps but worth it.

Dinosroume wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:35 pm

The most beautiful Giualia i ever seen :bigblink:

Don't you ever think try change the wheels she looks perfect. Always take care your tires RWD cars don't forgive like your previous B7 and RS6.

You was an audi fun , how did you end up with the alfa?

I'm not italian cars fun but this is one of the most beautiful saloons i ever seen.

Your next set should be the PSS on the alfa , when i got my car 10 months ago it had an old set of PSS and i replaced with a new set.
I didn't expect a 255/35/19 tire to be that good in rain altough the roads here in greece have bad traction because of the bad terrain quality and bumpy roads.
Thanks. As stated above, the wheels have already been changed. Same basic style but bigger and more aggressive shape / more concave.
I won't be trying PSS as they are the older and inferior version of the PS4S which I have on now. I had the PSS on my RS6 but I think these PS4S are better.

ArthurPE wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:27 pm

Great looking car
Is it lowered? In my opinion the ride height is perfect
Remember get a couple of passengers in it and drops more, ~10 mm or so
Ceramic brakes?
Black is great, butt a pita lol
Thanks again. Yes lowered but not a lot. Alfa raised the ride height on 2018 cars due to customers moaning about scraping the front spoiler but then got more moans about the raised looks so went back to the original height for 2019. So mines was not too bad to start with but needed to be a little lower.
Yes, ceramic brakes all round, same discs and calipers as the Ferrari California I am told.
I agree about the colour, but I haven't bought a car that wasn't black since 2005 so kind used to it now.

I agree with you the PS4S maybe works better on rwd because its softer.PSS has harder rubber than PS4S.
If you ever want to track your car michelin's cup 2 is the ideal tire and performs great from cold but not for rainy uk roads.
You have the most beautiful spec i have ever seen on alfa. The wheel shape is perfect!

How many miles have you done on alfa and do they have reliability issues ?

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:37 pm

The car is 2 months old but I've been on holiday for 2 weeks and it spent a week at the detailers but I've done nearly 2000 miles in about 5 weeks. No issues so far. It comes with a 5 year warranty, 5 year breakdown recovery and 3 years free servicing though. Not bad!

Dinosroume
1st Gear

Post by Dinosroume » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:15 am

MikeFish wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:37 pm
The car is 2 months old but I've been on holiday for 2 weeks and it spent a week at the detailers but I've done nearly 2000 miles in about 5 weeks. No issues so far. It comes with a 5 year warranty, 5 year breakdown recovery and 3 years free servicing though. Not bad!
You make me want an alfa now lol.
I found a used one here in greece for 110k euros in a color close to audi's daytona grey with red calipers but it's out of my budget , maybe in the next years when the price go down hope i'll be able to buy one.

Have you ever noticed understeeer in the alfa? I know the engine is almost under the dash and it's not AWD like the rs4 to have the AWD drivetrain so the front driveshafts have to be in the front wheels so the engine has to be as much as possible in front and especially a heavy V8.

Alfa looks to handle great and with traction control off and you can have fun doing some power slides around , but not all the time because michelin's ain't cheap lol.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:51 am

Yes the handling is great. No understeer at all so far and great steering too. The ride is not as comfortable as the rs4 but it corners just as flat. The RS6 ride was less comfortable in Dynamic mode and it didn't corner as flat.

Dinosroume
1st Gear

Post by Dinosroume » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:01 am

MikeFish wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:51 am
Yes the handling is great. No understeer at all so far and great steering too. The ride is not as comfortable as the rs4 but it corners just as flat. The RS6 ride was less comfortable in Dynamic mode and it didn't corner as flat.
It's a great car! congrats for buying this car and hope you can enjoy it on track and country roads!

Is the alfa your daily ride?

Brooner
Cruising

Post by Brooner » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:28 pm

Looks good Mike those tyres look waufer thin (Spoken in an anglo French accent)
2018 B9 RS4 Navarra Blue
2013 B8 RS4 Sepang Blue
2007 B7 RS4 Avant Sprint Blue
2001 B5 RS4 Nogaro Blue
1998 B5 S4 Avant Kingfisher Blue
1993 B4 S2 Avant laser Red

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:02 pm

Brooner wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:28 pm
Looks good Mike those tyres look waufer thin (Spoken in an anglo French accent)
There is literally nothing to them. 285/25/20 on the rear.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”