AUDI RS4 B7 EXHAUST DECAT WITH MID SECTION DELETE AND STOCK MUFFLERS OPINIONS?

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Dinosroume
1st Gear

Post by Dinosroume » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:12 am

Has anyone tried decat pipes with mid section delete and leave the stock rear mufflers with flaps and go upgrade my stage 1 revo to stage 2.
I would like to get a decat milltek full set up but i have problem with cops in my area.
Anyone tried a set up like this and what was your expereance?

DINOS

AA_954
1st Gear

Post by AA_954 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:49 pm

Dinosroume wrote:Has anyone tried decat pipes with mid section delete and leave the stock rear mufflers with flaps and go upgrade my stage 1 revo to stage 2.
I would like to get a decat milltek full set up but i have problem with cops in my area.

DINOS
Rather than remove the cats some people just gut these, you can do all what you mentioned but in the end the cost might put you close to half of what a decent system costs unless you DIY it. Is your concern the noise and attracting cops? Milltek and Zinram Engineering have valved systems among some others out there, a few of us here in the US have purchased the Zinrams catless DP’s and others their full system, good quality and good price too. Catless in some cases will not go unnoticed as the smell of fuel can be strong specially with your wirndows down and at idle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dinosroume
1st Gear

Re: AUDI RS4 B7 EXHAUST DECAT WITH MID SECTION DELETE AND STOCK MUFFLERS OPINIONS?

Post by Dinosroume » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:55 am

AA_954 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:49 pm
Dinosroume wrote:Has anyone tried decat pipes with mid section delete and leave the stock rear mufflers with flaps and go upgrade my stage 1 revo to stage 2.

DINOS
Rather than remove the cats some people just gut these, you can do all what you mentioned but in the end the cost might put you close to half of what a decent system costs unless you DIY it. Is your concern the noise and attracting cops? Milltek and Zinram Engineering have valved systems among some others out there, a few of us here in the US have purchased the Zinrams catless DP’s and others their full system, good quality and good price too. Catless in some cases will not go unnoticed as the smell of fuel can be strong specially with your wirndows down and at idle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I know the best choice is the full milltek exhaust but around 3,5K with shipping to Greece isn't cheap.Also the laws for exhaust here start getting very stricted so an un valved exhaust for a decat V8 is going to be a problem. Maybe an ECS H pipe is going to be the best choice for my budget.
Thanks for the info.

DINOS

coffey555
5th Gear

Re: AUDI RS4 B7 EXHAUST DECAT WITH MID SECTION DELETE AND STOCK MUFFLERS OPINIONS?

Post by coffey555 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:44 pm

The best choice for noise is actually the cheapest option, centre res delete with straight pipes.
Misano Red RS4 B7 Avant

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:48 pm

I've got the exhaust set up you describe but an MRC Doug tune, flaps removed but no cold air feed. I've ran this setup for years with no Police issues at all. At 170mph it's deafening and everyone who hears my RS4 love it. With the exhaust flaps closed it's a lot quieter, open and its loud. Mind you not as loud as Nicks or Faisals JC Weldfab exhausts.
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

MrRSB7
1st Gear

Post by MrRSB7 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:07 pm

I have the larger non monitored cats completely removed with no problems , I have the resonator removed and replaced with x pipe, and I’ve drilled two small holes in each of the standard backboxes..... not mapped in anyway at the moment , but sounds absolutely peachy!!

Loud as <beep> under full throttle, fairly discreet driving normally
2006 2-tone merlin purple , decat delete, res delete, x-pipe and rear back box delete......rs5 alloys.. silver brake callipers

ericdh8
Neutral

Post by ericdh8 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:22 pm

Hope this helps, my 2008 currently sits with APR stage 3+ with lots of other performance goodies. I did mine like PlayStation GT3 or something because go fast Audis are expensive af and I'm a working man. I did APR stage 1 (chip only) and months later did stage 2 (chip & APR down-pipes which deleted the cats) and added a H shape mid-pipe from ECS, and kept the factory silencers with flaps. A year later APR dropped the price for their supercharger kit from $17k to $14k and I went balls deep, but kept the silencers. (SHOUT OUT TO SCOTT at Auto Motion in Louisville, KY - The best Audi mechanic in USA) I was happy for two years, nice low rumble in sport mode, quiet, composed like Audi should be. Then my mid pipe clamp came loose from the down-pipe and I heard what I refer to as my HOLY CRAP MOMENT, a sound I had to have, I'm talking NASCAR LOUD! So my search began for silencers. I found a small company in CA that was making silencers without drone, I found Black Widow Exhausts. They market to American muscle and trucks, but I thought they'd sound good on some German muscle... and no drone like Borla, Flowmaster, you name it. $120 each? I'm in! My mistake was the ones I bought were too large (14x9x4) and my muffler guy (SHOUT OUT TO ALEX at Bluegrass Muffler in Lousiville, KY) tells me he can't make it work but I'll gut your factory silencers and it'll be all good. Go for it! Yes, a tad louder but nowhere near what I wanted. So I bought the smaller ones (Race Venom 9x9x4 offset Drivers & Passenger), Alex did his magic, perfect beads! I miss the flaps, cold starts are hard on the neighbors, but I couldn't be happier. Just finished a road run with the Indy Audi NA Club guys this weekend and they were all drooling over the sound! IDGAF about the cops, buy a Valentine 1 and just lay off the accelerator when you pass them. Cruising at 70mph it's barely noticeable. At WOT, holy hell it's loud, tunnels... keep your windows up or you risk popping your ear drums. So, for less than $800 you have all the parts you need for amazing sound.

btw Milltek is not the best, Capristo is the best imo!

Dinosroume
1st Gear

Post by Dinosroume » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:41 am

ericdh8 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:22 pm
Hope this helps, my 2008 currently sits with APR stage 3+ with lots of other performance goodies. I did mine like PlayStation GT3 or something because go fast Audis are expensive af and I'm a working man. I did APR stage 1 (chip only) and months later did stage 2 (chip & APR down-pipes which deleted the cats) and added a H shape mid-pipe from ECS, and kept the factory silencers with flaps. A year later APR dropped the price for their supercharger kit from $17k to $14k and I went balls deep, but kept the silencers. (SHOUT OUT TO SCOTT at Auto Motion in Louisville, KY - The best Audi mechanic in USA) I was happy for two years, nice low rumble in sport mode, quiet, composed like Audi should be. Then my mid pipe clamp came loose from the down-pipe and I heard what I refer to as my HOLY CRAP MOMENT, a sound I had to have, I'm talking NASCAR LOUD! So my search began for silencers. I found a small company in CA that was making silencers without drone, I found Black Widow Exhausts. They market to American muscle and trucks, but I thought they'd sound good on some German muscle... and no drone like Borla, Flowmaster, you name it. $120 each? I'm in! My mistake was the ones I bought were too large (14x9x4) and my muffler guy (SHOUT OUT TO ALEX at Bluegrass Muffler in Lousiville, KY) tells me he can't make it work but I'll gut your factory silencers and it'll be all good. Go for it! Yes, a tad louder but nowhere near what I wanted. So I bought the smaller ones (Race Venom 9x9x4 offset Drivers & Passenger), Alex did his magic, perfect beads! I miss the flaps, cold starts are hard on the neighbors, but I couldn't be happier. Just finished a road run with the Indy Audi NA Club guys this weekend and they were all drooling over the sound! IDGAF about the cops, buy a Valentine 1 and just lay off the accelerator when you pass them. Cruising at 70mph it's barely noticeable. At WOT, holy hell it's loud, tunnels... keep your windows up or you risk popping your ear drums. So, for less than $800 you have all the parts you need for amazing sound.

btw Milltek is not the best, Capristo is the best imo!
Hey thanks for you reply,you are very helpful.I'd love to SC my RS4 like yours but it's out of my budget because maintaince is not cheap and imagine i do the labour myself.I did REVO stage 1 two weeks ago and the car performs better than i expected.I would like to get a milltek or capristo but almost 3k euros for the milltek is out of my budget.
I live in Greece and here tuning garages are not familiar with the RS4 because only 80 RS4 came in the country.I like the idea getting a custom exhaust but i'm afraid the exhaust drone as you said and my only option in tuning software is REVO because it's the safest and for a custom tuning here in Greece they will make your car slower or they will blow your engine because they are not familiar with the car.

Do you suggest to get decat pipes and ECS H pipe and stage 2 remap on stock back boxes as you have try this set up?

I don't have problem with the extreme exhaust sound with an aftermarket or a custom exhaust, and i IDGAF for the cops but here in Greece street racing laws start to become very stricted and if i go to places where street races happend the cops start exhaust noise test and stuff like that.
One time i was doing pulls with a BMW M3 E92 that i found on the street and we start from dig in a traffic light, the BMW was spinning and i got 4 cars ahead from the start and after that the BMW gave up but i continue accelerating and i saw a cop waving at me with a flash light and i past him with 4th gear around 8300rpm and then 5 shift.

Do you have a Facebook or IG account to see your SC beast?

DINOS

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:34 pm

Your question has already been answered.
coffey555 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:44 pm
The best choice for noise is actually the cheapest option, centre res delete with straight pipes.

Cheers :thumbs:

Dinosroume
1st Gear

Post by Dinosroume » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:30 pm

FrazerD wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:34 pm
Your question has already been answered.
coffey555 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:44 pm

Cheers :thumbs:
I know mate but @ericdh8 have tried exactly what i want to do no cats and ECS H pipe.

Thanks for the notice!

MrRSB7
1st Gear

Post by MrRSB7 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:14 am

So..., ummmmm this happened today

Wasn’t loud enough soooo

Holy mother of god
45F6A6D6-741A-4361-B825-7D568F8A3A84.jpeg
AAEEDB9F-48BD-4EFE-9B46-6DBB399EBD14.jpeg
2006 2-tone merlin purple , decat delete, res delete, x-pipe and rear back box delete......rs5 alloys.. silver brake callipers

Dinosroume
1st Gear

Post by Dinosroume » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:50 pm

MrRSB7 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:14 am
So..., ummmmm this happened today

Wasn’t loud enough soooo

Holy mother of god 45F6A6D6-741A-4361-B825-7D568F8A3A84.jpegAAEEDB9F-48BD-4EFE-9B46-6DBB399EBD14.jpeg
The best set up for noise!

Can you upload a video ?

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:58 pm

What das fock, straight pipes :shock:
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

fairzy
2nd Gear

Post by fairzy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:35 pm

Wow!! That's committed. Sound clip please....

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”