What color is my car?

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
QuRace
Neutral

What color is my car?

Post by QuRace » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:32 pm

OK, spoiler alert, it is orange...

(See my 'Welcome' thread here for pics.)

But, it's not as easy as it seems... Let me explain:

• The official (as in German-DMV-official) papers claim that it is white. Well, the car was never white - b/c no earthly body painter can respray a whole car without leaving at least some traces of the original color.
  • The stikker on page 2 of the car's service booklet, on which all the basics and all the optional equipment are listed, and which should also mention the color, states, for the paint code, "----/----". That don't help.
  • I have yet to locate the stikker which supposedly lives in the boot near the battery (Avant). And in any case, that one should be an exact copy of the one in the service booklet.

That leaves asking Audi directly. So, signed up for the 'myaudi' portal. Which supposedly provides ALL the info about my car, using the genuine Audi database, but, alas, nothing there either...

So, per an Audi rep, it seems I have an Audi 'exclusive' paint (exclusive for my model year - 2008), but it remains unclear what paint code was used, exactly.

Now, prowling the interwebs, the car LOOKS LIKE it's painted in 'Glutorange' - LY2G/LY2G (that's 'Solar Orange' to you guys, I believe). But if that were true, why wouldn't Audi simply state that somewhere?

Confusion abounds. Can anyone pls shed some light on how the 'exclusive' color option from Audi works/ed, and what, if any, information can be obtained, and from where.

Thanks.

[BTW, I know how 'stikker' is spelled correctly - I'm just being contrarian... :? ]

coffey555
5th Gear

Re: What color is my car?

Post by coffey555 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:52 pm

Hi,

I posted on your welcome area post as well but could this be Capristo's ex demo car?

They used to have a video of it on their website, might still be there but the clip is on YouTube.

Orange Avant's with titanium wheels and Capristo exhausts are going to be pretty rare!

Might be worth sending them an email to see if it is? If so, they might have ordered it new or at least know the paintcode/history etc.
Misano Red RS4 B7 Avant

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”