Fuel issue!

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
rs4jas
Neutral

Fuel issue!

Post by rs4jas » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:31 pm

Hi all

I have an RS4 B7

I recently fuelled the car and the petrol station ran out of fuel and since then my cars had major issues. The EML kept coming on.

But majorly now the car won’t start.

It keeps coming up with fuel rail pressure low bank 2.

I’ve had the fuel filter changed, low pressure sensor and the 2 N276 valves on the fuel rails.

After a few goes and pushing it to start the EPC light comes on and EML. What we noticed is 1 exhaust is working and the other side is popping and banging. We did notice fuel in all 4 inlets on bank 2 and the car is clearly over fuelling on bank 2.

Any ideas? A lot of people are saying fuel pumps HPFP? Any help or ideas would be appreciated :beerchug:

FrazerD
4th Gear

Re: Fuel issue!

Post by FrazerD » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:02 pm

That’s a bit <beep>. I can’t offer any advice on your car but I would be taking the issue up with the petrol station and see what they say.

Cheers :thumbs:

RS4LAD
3rd Gear

Post by RS4LAD » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:45 pm

What has the Petrol station running out of fuel got to do with fueling issues on your car?

I wouldn’t keep starting or trying to start it even. It could well be the high pressure fuel pumps or injector related. Get it looked at by a professional who knows their way round a b7. It could be over fuelling or not even sending enough. Don’t risk damage to engine from starvation.

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:25 pm

RS4LAD wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:45 pm
What has the Petrol station running out of fuel got to do with fueling issues on your car?

I wouldn’t keep starting or trying to start it even. It could well be the high pressure fuel pumps or injector related. Get it looked at by a professional who knows their way round a b7. It could be over fuelling or not even sending enough. Don’t risk damage to engine from starvation.
If this problem has started right after the garage running out of fuel then I would say it more than likely has something to do with it. I wouldn't want the last tank of fuel out of a petrol station.

I would agree with your second paragraph though.

Cheers :thumbs:

12th
3rd Gear

Post by 12th » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:37 am

Yes, a little gunk does settle in forecourt tanks.

I had a fuel pump go in 2017, noticeable because there were rough. hesitant spots in the rev band - it felt horrible to drive. I'm guessing it was failing, and if you have that problem, yours is clearly worse. There are two pumps, so the symptoms aren't incompatible that as potential problem.
Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Saloon with MRC tweakery.

ArthurPE
Cruising

Post by ArthurPE » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:30 pm

If you got the bottom of the tank it's mostly water and sediment
The filter may get most of the sediment, but any that gets by will destroy pumps, injectors, etc
the water will corrode stuff
It is also used to cool/lube the hp pumps

I'd drain the tanks and flush them with air then good fuel
Open lines at the engine and at the tank return and flush
Then fill up
See if it helps
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe...Albert Einstein

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”