Attempted Carjacking Rochdale

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Mark Park
1st Gear

Attempted Carjacking Rochdale

Post by Mark Park » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:43 pm

I'm a bricklayer and use the rs4 as a daily driver to work, it's 10 mins max to get to work. We have to park on a public road where the house's have been competed and residents have moved in. The sub contractor's van's get broken into every month probably by the same gang. Never had a problem before and felt safe parking and driving home.
Today there was a white E350 with the panoramic roof parked down the street, i could smell weed, like it stunk of the <beep>. My boss blocked the road to speak to me in his transit van and there was no traffic. My dad is his best mate and he is in hospital with a massive heart attack. I spoke for a min or two and started to walk up the street where i was parked. The E350 cruised up slowly and checked me out. Im on the opposite side of the road to the car and felt there presence, both have hoods up all dark clothing and looking at me then the car. I knew there was something wrong with the situation and knew they had 300 metres to drive where they have to turn round on a semi roundabout and come back down. As soon as they passed enough for me to get in and go i jumped in. I drove of half in both lanes so they could not pass and they are beeping and flashing me like crazy to stop. I hit a round about cut a car up and nailed it the oposite way home and gave it some beans. They where trying to follow but a car came before them on the roundabout and they lost momentum and i was pulling away. I looked in the mirror and they turned right into a council estate. I felt sick inside with all the drama of my dad in hospital and going home to shower and go sit at his bed side it turned my stomach. Then a few miles the outher way the E350 turned up again, i was in lane 4 turning right and they pull up in lane 1 to turn left and they did not see me. I looked into the car and they are all in black, hoods up in 22 degree heat heat driving round.I told my wife the reg for the E350 and she said it came back as a daf truck in silver. I must have got the reg wrong or they where indeed on stolen plates but it came back as a truck a daf 2015 truck in silver. I cant believe these people are driving round like this and the police dont even stop them, the smell of the car is massive and then tho hoods up all in black in summer is a give away.
This has knocked me sick to the stomach and made me not even want to drive the car. Its in the garage and ill get it serviced and the wheels refubed as they where done when i got the car but it was a bad job and they started to peel. To make it worse i seen this article below that happend in the town and there is alot more reports. Im going to trade in and get a <beep> deal and buy something crap £500 run arround that looks like a mot failure. Just look what they did to him when he put his hands up and gave them the keys. Im having panic attacks writing this and thinking of leaving my job. This article just killed me of i dont want to get in the car again.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... t-15372504

12th
3rd Gear

Re: Attempted Carjacking Rochdale

Post by 12th » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:52 am

That sounds awful, but I'd urge you not to make a decision in a hurry. Maybe you could buy a nail for daily use and keep the RS4 garaged for use as a toy?

If you are having panic attacks and it's affecting your ability to work, don't try to tough it out - get to the GP. I know someone who had them and who started not to be able to face work - he's been put on something and the attacks stopped very quickly.

I hope things get better for you.
Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Saloon with MRC tweakery.

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:46 am

Horrible to hear this and it’s ridiculous in this day and age that you can’t have your own things and not worry about wee shitebags trying to have it off you.

I would also say try not to make a rush decision and try to not dwell too much on it. Although it may seem pointless but report it to the fed and something might come of it.

Stay well and have a few beers over the weekend.

Cheers :thumbs:

Lady Penelope
2nd Gear

Post by Lady Penelope » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:55 pm

How terrible was that? God, I feel for you... I can't advise what to do but I am sorry you are in this predicament...

Sad world we live in sometimes..

Post the number of that car if you know it, may help someone else...

P
RS4 B7 2007 Cabriolet Misano Red
Revolution carbon air intake, KW adjustable springs, Da Vinci 20" summer rims, OEM 19" winter chrome and black rims, Audi Ceramic front brakes, Milltek cat back non resonated valved exhaust, US spec black front grill, MRC stage 2, Piano black interior + cream leather buckets. EM Tuning dragon eyes and xenon upgrade, TTRS FBMF steering wheel, TV, Reversing camera, Nav, Red leather fitted luggage.

Mark Park
1st Gear

Post by Mark Park » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:09 pm

M15 the e350 reg starts its in rochdale greater manchester

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:11 am

That sounds awful mate, but pleased you’re ok. You should have tried to get a picture of the car/Reg. Also would have been a good idea to call the police at the time. There might not seem to be many patrol cars around nowadays, but they do response quite quickly to incidents that are taking place there and then. I’m sure it’s unlikely they’d be able to get them for attempted carjacking, they may well have got them for whatever they had with them in the car and potentially a stolen car/false plates too.

We all need to stay vigilant and report these things immediately.

mister_g
1st Gear

Post by mister_g » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:55 am

Sorry if I'm missing something here but in what way did you think they were going to carjack you?

All you said is that they drove past, checking you out.
With my black B7
I'm in B7th heaven
And with DRC
My ride is heavenly
:blackrs4:

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:05 am

Think I'd have been tempted to just walk straight past the RS4 down the road and gone back to pick it up 10 minutes later, or go back to work and get a few workmates out there.
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

Dinosroume
1st Gear

Post by Dinosroume » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:43 am

Mark Park wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:43 pm
I'm a bricklayer and use the rs4 as a daily driver to work, it's 10 mins max to get to work. We have to park on a public road where the house's have been competed and residents have moved in. The sub contractor's van's get broken into every month probably by the same gang. Never had a problem before and felt safe parking and driving home.
Today there was a white E350 with the panoramic roof parked down the street, i could smell weed, like it stunk of the <beep>. My boss blocked the road to speak to me in his transit van and there was no traffic. My dad is his best mate and he is in hospital with a massive heart attack. I spoke for a min or two and started to walk up the street where i was parked. The E350 cruised up slowly and checked me out. Im on the opposite side of the road to the car and felt there presence, both have hoods up all dark clothing and looking at me then the car. I knew there was something wrong with the situation and knew they had 300 metres to drive where they have to turn round on a semi roundabout and come back down. As soon as they passed enough for me to get in and go i jumped in. I drove of half in both lanes so they could not pass and they are beeping and flashing me like crazy to stop. I hit a round about cut a car up and nailed it the oposite way home and gave it some beans. They where trying to follow but a car came before them on the roundabout and they lost momentum and i was pulling away. I looked in the mirror and they turned right into a council estate. I felt sick inside with all the drama of my dad in hospital and going home to shower and go sit at his bed side it turned my stomach. Then a few miles the outher way the E350 turned up again, i was in lane 4 turning right and they pull up in lane 1 to turn left and they did not see me. I looked into the car and they are all in black, hoods up in 22 degree heat heat driving round.I told my wife the reg for the E350 and she said it came back as a daf truck in silver. I must have got the reg wrong or they where indeed on stolen plates but it came back as a truck a daf 2015 truck in silver. I cant believe these people are driving round like this and the police dont even stop them, the smell of the car is massive and then tho hoods up all in black in summer is a give away.
This has knocked me sick to the stomach and made me not even want to drive the car. Its in the garage and ill get it serviced and the wheels refubed as they where done when i got the car but it was a bad job and they started to peel. To make it worse i seen this article below that happend in the town and there is alot more reports. Im going to trade in and get a <beep> deal and buy something crap £500 run arround that looks like a mot failure. Just look what they did to him when he put his hands up and gave them the keys. Im having panic attacks writing this and thinking of leaving my job. This article just killed me of i dont want to get in the car again.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... t-15372504

Horrible to hear this, you should get a small daily driven car and keep your RS4 as a toy car like 12th said.I take my RS4 in my garage Shop only when i have to do service or repairs because RS4 is an eye catcher for people who know about cars and especially carjackers.Try to avoid parking your RS4 on street.
Keep an eye when you drive because they 'll try to attempt another carjack and you better be prepared.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”