Advice on what it’s worth please

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
pete62
4th Gear

Advice on what it’s worth please

Post by pete62 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:40 pm

I’m thinking of selling my 2006 RS4 cabriolet as I don’t use it since I bought a Campervan and would like some advice re what it’s worth.

2006 in Sprint Blue 48000 miles in very good condition , good service history but is overdue a service on time not mileage.
The car I believe was registered by Audi then bought by an ex forum member who spent a circa 50k on it in modifications. I believe it has been kept in secure storage for most of its time and I have it garaged. I am the fourth owner not the third as originally stated this is because the owner who bought it from Audi first registered it to himself then re registered it to his company . I bought it two years ago .
Modifications by previous owner carried out by QST were
MTM supercharger 535 conversion, I believe it is one of only four MTM supercharger b7’s in the country and the only cabriolet.
Full MTM exhaust system with MTM race cats
Movit ceramic front brakes and Movit rear brakes with separate handbrake calipers.
Bilstein pss9 suspension
H &R antiroll bars
Car came with bucket seats but currently has comfort seats fitted(see pictures) Sale would include both sets of seats.
Car was dynoed at 508 at the last service.
A few pictures some of which are from when I bought it but the car is in the same condition.
51553A37-43D6-498A-8F38-A5C34D3F140A.png
E876EE56-9511-41A8-8DDF-584656E44204.png
2417F656-9304-4215-9F02-48CE12762E03.png
5CE9C2E6-AE68-41B4-A540-8607CF9AB3DB.png
67E2D45A-AB51-4220-80E2-2C673847CA23.png
67403E4B-7F91-4B1E-A645-7AE55C65EF6B.png
981E939D-4302-4DA2-B37C-6FAE42BEFE47.png
Car sounds and goes more or less like this
https://youtu.be/FBkX8GS5FoY

Video advert from dealer I bought it from
https://youtu.be/Nmw6PTSCzQI

Not been carbon cleaned as far as I am aware.
Original clutch no signs of issues.
So what’s it worth? I’m not greedy and think I’m pretty realistic but would want a fair price or I’d keep it .
Thanks in advance
Last edited by pete62 on Wed May 22, 2019 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

lozza2702
Neutral

Re: Advice on what it’s worth please

Post by lozza2702 » Tue May 21, 2019 11:48 am

That is a lovely looking car and I remember when it was last up for sale.
I’ve been looking at RS4 Cabriolets for a few years and the pricing of cabs varies considerably, they don’t follow the trends of the saloon or avants (they are generally priced lower) and vary with the seasons – everyone wants a cab when its hot!
On the plus side, your cab is a very desirable combination of colour, trim and mileage with the added benefit of the performance mods. However, the performance mods can put people off, especially if they are after a low mileage original spec car.

I’ve been running a spreadsheet of RS4 cabs for sale over the past month with mainly adverts from Auto Trader and Ebay (sad I know!). There are around 33 cabs for sale at the moment, mostly from dealers. There are no 2006 models that are near your mileage, the lowest is 62,000 and that is up for £14k but has standard seats, standard steering wheel and is black. The nearest car to your mileage is a 2008 at 47,000, black with standard seats and flat bottom steering wheel and is up for £22k. There is one cab for sale with Ceramic brakes, black, “wing back” seats, 67,000 miles 2006 for £18k – this has been advertised for at least 10 months and has slowly been going down in price – it started over £22k (it does look a bit of a dog, even from the picture on line you can see that it is missing the front undertray). Again, whilst desirable, ceramic brakes can become a liability as the cars get older, the cost of replacing them will get closer to 50% of the value of the car.

So given the age, mileage and spec the “base” car could be worth £20 to £22,000. The challenge is putting a premium on the modifications. As I said earlier a heavily modded car can be more or less desirable depending on the buyers view and therefore easy or harder to sell – and the price will reflect this. At the end of the day, a car is only worth what someone will pay for it and pricing a non-standard car is very difficult with nothing to baseline it with. However, in my opinion, the car is of a very desirable colour and spec and they don’t come up for sale very often (I know because that’s the spec that I’m looking for!), so that will undoubtedly help.

MrHilario
5th Gear

Post by MrHilario » Tue May 21, 2019 2:33 pm

Blistering pss9 suspension? Lol. Might want to correct that.

Lovely example, if you take anywhere near 20k you'd be a mad man. Stick it up for 25k and see who wants to haggle.

GLWS :thumbs:

1.4 Fiesta (Silver)
2.8 VW Bora V6 4motion (Blue)
4.2 Audi RS4 B7 Avant (Black)

pete62
4th Gear

Post by pete62 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:41 am

lozza2702 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 11:48 am
I’ve been looking at RS4 Cabriolets for a few years and the pricing of cabs varies considerably, they don’t follow the trends of the saloon or avants (they are generally priced lower) and vary with the seasons – everyone wants a cab when its hot!
On the plus side, your cab is a very desirable combination of colour, trim and mileage with the added benefit of the performance mods. However, the performance mods can put people off, especially if they are after a low mileage original spec car.

I’ve been running a spreadsheet of RS4 cabs for sale over the past month with mainly adverts from Auto Trader and Ebay (sad I know!). There are around 33 cabs for sale at the moment, mostly from dealers. There are no 2006 models that are near your mileage, the lowest is 62,000 and that is up for £14k but has standard seats, standard steering wheel and is black. The nearest car to your mileage is a 2008 at 47,000, black with standard seats and flat bottom steering wheel and is up for £22k. There is one cab for sale with Ceramic brakes, black, “wing back” seats, 67,000 miles 2006 for £18k – this has been advertised for at least 10 months and has slowly been going down in price – it started over £22k (it does look a bit of a dog, even from the picture on line you can see that it is missing the front undertray). Again, whilst desirable, ceramic brakes can become a liability as the cars get older, the cost of replacing them will get closer to 50% of the value of the car.

So given the age, mileage and spec the “base” car could be worth £20 to £22,000. The challenge is putting a premium on the modifications. As I said earlier a heavily modded car can be more or less desirable depending on the buyers view and therefore easy or harder to sell – and the price will reflect this. At the end of the day, a car is only worth what someone will pay for it and pricing a non-standard car is very difficult with nothing to baseline it with. However, in my opinion, the car is of a very desirable colour and spec and they don’t come up for sale very often (I know because that’s the spec that I’m looking for!), so that will undoubtedly help.
You are certainly doing your homework!
Thanks for taking the time to provide a balanced assessment.
I did wonder whether to contact ‘dream car giveaways’ to see if they would buy it for one of their auctions as they do a lot of modified cars.

pete62
4th Gear

Post by pete62 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:42 am

MrHilario wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 2:33 pm
Blistering pss9 suspension? Lol. Might want to correct that.

Lovely example, if you take anywhere near 20k you'd be a mad man. Stick it up for 25k and see who wants to haggle.

GLWS :thumbs:
Haha the curse of predictive text.

lozza2702
Neutral

Post by lozza2702 » Thu May 23, 2019 7:37 pm

pete62 wrote:
lozza2702 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 11:48 am

You are certainly doing your homework!
Thanks for taking the time to provide a balanced assessment.
I did wonder whether to contact ‘dream car giveaways’ to see if they would buy it for one of their auctions as they do a lot of modified cars.
You’re welcome.
Let me know if you do decide to sell, I may be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mister_g
1st Gear

Post by mister_g » Mon May 27, 2019 3:08 pm

I'd be interested to see a dyno printout?
With my black B7
I'm in B7th heaven
And with DRC
My ride is heavenly
:blackrs4:

pete62
4th Gear

Post by pete62 » Mon May 27, 2019 4:23 pm

mister_g wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 3:08 pm
I'd be interested to see a dyno printout?
As requested.......
2BE04A1E-3E37-4B93-91ED-57454DC4C69B.jpeg

Golfather
Cruising

Post by Golfather » Mon May 27, 2019 10:35 pm

Books at 10
Private around 12
Add on a bit extra for mods, usually about 50% of cost.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”