Finally---an "OEMplus" carbon fiber rear diffuser in development

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
SavantAvant
Neutral

Finally---an "OEMplus" carbon fiber rear diffuser in development

Post by SavantAvant » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:18 am

Gentlemen, I am “the new guy” here on this forum----- I think I have only posted here once before, maybe twice, ever-----but I thought I would let you guys know about a project I undertook a little less than six months ago. I have a very unique car, what I call a “B6.5” RS4 Avant… would take a while to explain...(if they would allow me to put a link to my build thread here in this text I would do it... But I don't think they will allow that?) She has now won several shows in her class here on the US west coast. She is unlike any other on planet earth; if I was allowed to post a link in this text, you would see how.

Anyway-----I've always wanted to have a carbon fiber rear diffuser…. and as some of you may know, the two companies out there in the UK that used to make these completely stopped making them about two years ago. One of them was not bad looking, but the other one looked like it came off of a Subaru or Honda. Just way overdone. Asked the one company that made the nicer one, multiple times, if they were going to restart making it--- the answer was always "no".

The entire theme on my car has been what we over here called “OEMplus”…. I think maybe you folks use it over on your side of the pond as well? Although I don’t see it used much on forums over there…..? The understanding of it is that it is as though it was a factory option. When I started working with this company to create this, I told them this thing HAD to look as though it could have come that way from the factory, which follows right in with the overall theme of my car.

.....so I had an extra B7 RS4 sedan ("saloon", right?) rear bumper cover that I had lying around, that had some side damage on it----but the center portion in the rear was still perfect, and I donated it to the CF Shop to be used to create the prototype. And believe me, my Shop that I worked with ( about 2 hours north of me in Seattle) absolutely nailed this on head. It is stunning. I have attached one picture in a pdf file below, so that the memory usage is low---hopefully you can see it?

They are a well-known and established carbon fiber company, and their carbon fiber, a large portion of it anyway, is aircraft-grade. They actually get a large percentage of their carbon fiber weave material from Boeing, believe it or not. Very strong stuff, and has a fantastic looking pattern to it.

I invested all of the money in this upfront, because I wanted this for my own car. But now I've had several guys asking whether they or not they can get one for their own car, so I spoke with the company and they said in order to make a dent in the price, we would have to do a “group buy-in” with at least 10 people. I have over here about eight people so far....and naturally as you might expect, the more of you gentlemen decide they want to buy in, the lower the price can be. Paying a company to do manual prototyping is BIG BUCKS, make no mistake.....so believe me, it is highly unlikely I will EVER get back what I put into this....this is not some big 'ole "moneymaking endeavor" here. Not by a longshot.

The diffuser can be made for you in matte finish, or a “satin” finish with just a slight shine to it (which is what I am doing on mine) or full gloss, for a slight bit more cost. Your call.

“Will it fit my car?” Even though my car is an Avant, yes this will fit all three iterations of the B7 RS4, the Cabriolet, Sedan, and Avant. Absolutely without question. That center section in the rear bumper is identical for all three cars. There is no "maybe" in that equation. Put it this way---the supplied bumper cover was off a sedan—my car is an Avant---and it was a flawless fit.

If any of you gentlemen think you might be genuinely interested in something like this, please just send me an e-mail, and I'll be glad to get you into the loop on the latest updates with this, prices and a slew of other pictures that I have----- many of them from the trip I took up to the manufacturing facility yesterday, spending over 3 hours watching the latest rev of this actually being built. It was actually a really cool thing to watch.

Am hoping this does not get deleted….the email address is---

roadsport2@gmail.com

If you see no email address in this post, well, I guess its because the moderators will not allow it. Also I do not know how a person can “message another member” here internally…I'm too new, sorry! Please let me know and I'll try to figure out a way for folks to reach me...unless you have a better idea! And no----I have no "social media" accounts like Facebook, Instagram or any of that---on purpose. (long story)

The installation of this is boneheadedly simple---- it simply bonds on directly over top of your own rear bumper,in the center lower area of course---- there is no need to do any cutting or modification of your rear bumper cover in any way. And no, it doesn't stick out hardly at all. Like I said, this was built with an “OEMplus” theme to it--- as though it came from the factory. I have attached one pic below…..I have LOTS more pics and info for the prospective buyer. And yes-----my partner and I WILL ship to the UK, obviously-----actually we have a parcel brokerage company that we work with from time to time that can get packages from here to the UK for much less than direct through Fedex, UPS, DHL or just about anybody; the package will be a bit larger, sure….but very light.

Hoping to hear back from you. Thanks

Rob in Vancouver WA. USA
Attachments
diffuser pic 1.pdf
(258.78 KiB) Downloaded 276 times

dhali
4th Gear

Re: Finally---an "OEMplus" carbon fiber rear diffuser in development

Post by dhali » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:10 am

Interesting. Need to see some pictures of it installed on the car .

jamiej
2nd Gear

Post by jamiej » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:38 pm

As above

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Current
'07 - Audi RS4 Avant Daytona Grey
'16 - BMW M135i F20 (LCI)
Gone
'02 Audi 8L A3 1.9 TDI (PD)
'03 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
'96 VW Golf VR6
'91 Toyota MR2 NA
'90 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9
'90 VW Mk2 Golf GTI 8V

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:54 pm

In the UK we normally use the term OEM plus to refer to mods using parts from a later model or a different car from the same manufacturer i.e. they are actually OEM parts (but not for that model / year).

SavantAvant
Neutral

Post by SavantAvant » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:33 am

Yessir---we use the term in that vernacular as well.....its just sometimes used here for mods that simply look they were a factory option----not something outlandish and overdone. Hoping to see more emails from folks here who are interested...about 6 so far.

RS4LAD
3rd Gear

Post by RS4LAD » Wed May 01, 2019 12:34 am

Interested.

JRG1210
Neutral

Post by JRG1210 » Tue May 07, 2019 11:48 am

Yes, interested but would like to see the finished article installed. thx

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:33 pm

Any updates on this?
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

Rs4.
3rd Gear

Post by Rs4. » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:38 pm

DavidRS4 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:33 pm
Any updates on this?
I think initially was a 10 peeps for the gb
To get best price
Most that were Interested were talking shi! so do not even think this ever got of the ground
Rs4 phantom black b7 avant : Mrc stage2 manifold: Bmc filter :Black optics exhaust :kW springs :trups led lighting :10mm rear h&R spacers :front 8mm H&R spacers :Carbon front splitter,& oil cooler :Carbon seat backs :hel braided hoses :
Security viper alarm /tracker

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”