Suspension leaking

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Chinny
2nd Gear

Re: Suspension leaking

Post by Chinny » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:11 pm

Shockerboy wrote:Glad you came right . it is a little more of a struggle but saves having to drill out the seized bolt and m,ore importantly risk breaking the upright ??

Mate with out your tip. We would have given up and it probably would have cost me a pretty penny to get the shocks out. Thanks Image so much.

Got a good deal on the wheels from this place. https://www.the-autowerks.com

10% 1st order when you go on the web site

Kwif-fit are doing 10% of so got 4 new Pirelli P-zero Rosso’s for less then £400 and the alloy place fitted them as part of the refurb.

Now I’m just waiting on KW for an update on the shocks. I can tell you all there customer service is not as good as it should be considering what people pay for the shocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chinny
2nd Gear

Post by Chinny » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:32 pm

Got the following email today. Good news is nothing majorly wrong with the shocks.

As per our e-mail conversation and the result of the checks of the internal parts of your units this afternoon the quotation of £175.00 + Vat for a service is correct.

The units have already had a dyno test and are stripped down to individual parts. The valves will be cleaned along with all of the internal parts we re-use. The internal parts used in the external cannister will be replaced with new items along with new guide bushings, closing cap package and seals. The units are then re filled with new oil and nitrogen added. They will then go back on to the dyno for testing before being released back to me.

We will be in touch to let you know when the units are ready for return and send you an invoice.

Hopefully have these back next week if all goes well

Chinny
2nd Gear

Post by Chinny » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:15 pm

Shocks came back yesterday fully serviced and got the spanner to adjust them thrown in as a freebie

Centre caps for the alloys arrived over the weekend

Hopefully have them back on the car this Sunday and then just need to get the tracking done Image

Chinny
2nd Gear

Post by Chinny » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:39 pm

All back together now

Just the tracking left to do Image

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”