Help/advice with fitting rear diffuser please

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Lady Penelope
2nd Gear

Help/advice with fitting rear diffuser please

Post by Lady Penelope » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:08 pm

Hello,

I am (well, a local bodyshop are to be accurate) trying to get a rear diffuser fitted into my bumper on my RS4 B7 cabriolet.

The RS4 Cabriolet has a slightly different rear bumper to the other models and I have a specific diffuser made for the cabriolet.

This is not a diffuser that fits over the top of the existing one and will need to sit in place of the current black lower rear 'honeycomb effect' section.

It is that section I need some help with please. Is that a part that unclips, unscrews etc or will it need cutting out? The body Shop seem to think it is part of the overall bumper construction i.e. all one piece. It doesn't look like it is but it may well fused together (although the fixings on the new diffuser lead me to believe that is not the case..).

Any of you who have fitted a rear diffuser as above to a saloon or avant I would be very grateful for some advice please.

The bodyshop want to know how to proceed.

Thank you all very much in advance.

Penny/Lady P
RS4 B7 2007 Cabriolet Misano Red
Revolution carbon air intake, KW adjustable springs, Da Vinci 20" summer rims, OEM 19" winter chrome and black rims, Audi Ceramic front brakes, Milltek cat back non resonated valved exhaust, US spec black front grill, MRC stage 2, Piano black interior + cream leather buckets. EM Tuning dragon eyes and xenon upgrade, TTRS FBMF steering wheel, TV, Reversing camera, Nav, Red leather fitted luggage.

coffey555
5th Gear

Re: Help/advice with fitting rear diffuser please

Post by coffey555 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:45 pm

The honeycomb section just pops out if you push it hard enough. I had to remove my one (on a Avant) as the TPMS aerial is located behind it.

Have a look on here for TPMS aerial replacement guide which has pictures etc of how to do it (I looked but can't find it anywhere!).

The surround for the honeycomb section that pops out is part of the bumper though so might need cutting to fit the new one.
Misano Red RS4 B7 Avant

suurenmoinen
Neutral

Post by suurenmoinen » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:27 am

Which rear diffuser did you get?

Lady Penelope
2nd Gear

Post by Lady Penelope » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:17 am

I have a GRP one specifically for the cabriolet. It isn't a fit straight over the top of the existing one so I have a bodyworks place sorting it all out for me now.
RS4 B7 2007 Cabriolet Misano Red
Revolution carbon air intake, KW adjustable springs, Da Vinci 20" summer rims, OEM 19" winter chrome and black rims, Audi Ceramic front brakes, Milltek cat back non resonated valved exhaust, US spec black front grill, MRC stage 2, Piano black interior + cream leather buckets. EM Tuning dragon eyes and xenon upgrade, TTRS FBMF steering wheel, TV, Reversing camera, Nav, Red leather fitted luggage.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”