Had enough

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Sunshine88
Neutral

Had enough

Post by Sunshine88 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:30 pm

Evening all me again lol
Got throttle body’s cleaned an re set Wednesday and car was running spot on all the Fault codes had been cleared!! Garage did say the throttle body might need doing in the near future!! Got in it Thursday night and the check engine light came on but didn’t change the running of the car at all I was thinking cos as it’s been sat for nearly 2 weeks having all these little niggles done like new clutch and flywheel that it just needed a damn good clear out!! So I’ve drove it home which is 100 miles away pulled up gone in Shop come back out turned it over and epc light came on and traction control and limp mode! So I’ve made it home rest of the way and then the check engine oil light came on so I put half a litre in and it went out! So got home eventually! Left it for 20 mins checked the oil was on max! Started her up and epc and traction light gone out and limp mode gone still got check engine light tho!! Then drove off and the low oil light come on again!! Any ideas what the hell is going on! I’ve only had this motor a month and the problems it’s given are very annoying

bayzoo
Neutral

Re: Had enough

Post by bayzoo » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:07 am

Did you buy it trade or private? If the former then you should speak the dealer. If the latter run a scan and post any fault codes on here and maybe one of the more experienced enthusiasts can give a direction.

Lukes3
4th Gear

Post by Lukes3 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:13 am

As above, need to scan it first.
Current-saloon rs4,Full decat Xpipe miltek,cold air feed,BMC air filter, TTS supercharged, MRC stage 3 L/C F/S,hell s+s brake lines,AP racing rotors + vagbremtechnic bells, kw v3s clifford 650mk2

Gone-audi s3 8p stage2+ with loba lo400 turbo.

Sunshine88
Neutral

Post by Sunshine88 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:51 pm

These are the codes I’ve got from today
Attachments
A3B3F74A-9E6F-4176-B7EC-B51098B50AD6.jpeg
E69843D2-B3DD-40B5-A8F2-8010EB65F5AC.jpeg

sportsandclassic
1st Gear

Post by sportsandclassic » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:15 am

Morning, you could check the owners manual to see under the fuse allocation are the oxygen sensor heater circuits fused and see if they are ok. Otherwise could be the sensor itself, it may of been damaged unintentionally when the exhaust was removed for clutch issue. The sensors can often fail when exhausts are removed in a way that requires heat and force to remove due to age.

Seems strange to have a pedal issue as well as an engine oil level fault. My first instinct is that there is a shared earth wire somewhere that has not been tightened up properly but without a wiring diagram I am only guessing.

The car needs plugging into Vag Com and the pedal potentiometer checking first along with oxygen sensor heater resistance.

What happened about your gearbox issue you had ?

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lukes3
4th Gear

Post by Lukes3 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:22 am

The first one could be a throttle pedal, i have had to change my pedal in mine easy job.
I did change the throttle body aswell first but i think its was in more the pedal in my case.

Seconed one is lambda sensor bank 2 sensor 2. Need new on that. After replacing one on mine i found they all seemed to start failing.
Current-saloon rs4,Full decat Xpipe miltek,cold air feed,BMC air filter, TTS supercharged, MRC stage 3 L/C F/S,hell s+s brake lines,AP racing rotors + vagbremtechnic bells, kw v3s clifford 650mk2

Sunshine88
Neutral

Post by Sunshine88 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:29 pm

Ok well that’s made me feel a lot better lol the engine light comes one exactly after 5 mins of car running after I’ve cleared the code so I reckon the 02 sensor is sensing a fault and the engine light is coming on!! And as for the esp light and traction control light that Happens intermittently when I put me foot down it’ll go straight into limp mode with lights up on dash

Lukes3
4th Gear

Post by Lukes3 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:46 pm

Sunshine88 wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:29 pm
Ok well that’s made me feel a lot better lol the engine light comes one exactly after 5 mins of car running after I’ve cleared the code so I reckon the 02 sensor is sensing a fault and the engine light is coming on!! And as for the esp light and traction control light that Happens intermittently when I put me foot down it’ll go straight into limp mode with lights up on dash
Only way round the sensor is buy a new one.

But the throttle problem i would buy the pedal first its cheaper, google you will see lol

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:59 pm

I would take it to an Audi dealer or better still MRC. My throttle body was faulty i.e., Tranction light, Engine light and limp mode came on. Audi found a fault on their diagnosis machine. They removed and tested my throttle body and couldn't find a fault. Refitted it but the problem came back so I bought a brand new one anyway, Audi fitted it and the problem was cured. I think it cost £1300.

As for the Oil light, I don't know, but did you check your level and was it ok?
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

Sunshine88
Neutral

Post by Sunshine88 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:45 pm

Hey thanks for the replies
When ever I go over 5000rpm the epc light and traction control light come on and limp mode! I’ve sorted the engine management light which was down to a faulty lambda sensor! And the oil sensor needed replacing aswell! So that’s them 2 sorted out! I’ve brought a second hand throttle body from a which had done 43000 miles and looks very clean! That’s getting fitted tomorrow and have been told that the wiring is spot on for the throttle body! Will report back if all is well

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”