20 inch wheels!

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
User avatar
MikeFish
Cruising
Posts: 14912
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:23 pm
Location: The Middle of Somewhere

Re: 20 inch wheels!

Post by MikeFish » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:48 pm

OK, so, the 20" RS6 C7 wheels will work with ceramics if you either drive an RS4 Allroad or if you are low but have lots of negative camber. Like a man with an orthopaedic shoe, I stand corrected.

Softishman
2nd Gear
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:52 pm

Re: 20 inch wheels!

Post by Softishman » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:28 pm

Some camber is needed🤗 STERN controll arms front and 034MS rear camber arms.
My new spacers are 7mm aswell, 10mm on picture
@softishman on IG
Check out my RS4 there!

User avatar
Ian_C
Cruising
Posts: 6425
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 10:11 pm
Location: Bedford

Re: 20 inch wheels!

Post by Ian_C » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:44 am

Softishman wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:35 am
Image

Image
Wow. :kissmyrings:
B5 B6 B7

User avatar
dhali
4th Gear
Posts: 783
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:44 pm

Re: 20 inch wheels!

Post by dhali » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:39 pm

Graphics not my thing but none the less amazing work gone into the car .

User avatar
BenHol
2nd Gear
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: 20 inch wheels!

Post by BenHol » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:52 pm

MikeFish wrote:OK, so, the 20" RS6 C7 wheels will work with ceramics if you either drive an RS4 Allroad or if you are low but have lots of negative camber. Like a man with an orthopaedic shoe, I stand corrected.
I wouldn’t say mine is too high.. although nowhere near as low as above.
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RS4 B7 - Phantom Black, 20in RS6 C7 alloys, Joey mod, detango, led drl, black optics, Bilstein b16, Michelin ps4s, centre res delete, black tips, 8mm spacers, vx lenses, RS embossed xenon, Carbon splitter, 034 ARB.

User avatar
MikeFish
Cruising
Posts: 14912
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:23 pm
Location: The Middle of Somewhere

Re: 20 inch wheels!

Post by MikeFish » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:08 am

BenHol wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:52 pm
MikeFish wrote:OK, so, the 20" RS6 C7 wheels will work with ceramics if you either drive an RS4 Allroad or if you are low but have lots of negative camber. Like a man with an orthopaedic shoe, I stand corrected.
I wouldn’t say mine is too high.. although nowhere near as low as above.
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Were you at ADI this year?

User avatar
BenHol
2nd Gear
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: 20 inch wheels!

Post by BenHol » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:24 pm

MikeFish wrote:
BenHol wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:52 pm
MikeFish wrote:OK, so, the 20" RS6 C7 wheels will work with ceramics if you either drive an RS4 Allroad or if you are low but have lots of negative camber. Like a man with an orthopaedic shoe, I stand corrected.
I wouldn’t say mine is too high.. although nowhere near as low as above.
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Were you at ADI this year?
Image
Busted. yes I was.

The ceramics I fitted are adapted from a R8 so the calliper has a different offset to the B7 ceramics. But I do have 8mm spacers on at the mo. It would probably be ok with 5-6mm spacers but wanted to be hubcebtric so stuck with the 8mm.
Im not sure what softishman’s are adapted from, do you know? But as they’re 400mm rotors the callipers will sit 10mm further out of the concave then mine hence they may fit easier. Would be interested to know what spacers are on that one too?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RS4 B7 - Phantom Black, 20in RS6 C7 alloys, Joey mod, detango, led drl, black optics, Bilstein b16, Michelin ps4s, centre res delete, black tips, 8mm spacers, vx lenses, RS embossed xenon, Carbon splitter, 034 ARB.

User avatar
MikeFish
Cruising
Posts: 14912
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:23 pm
Location: The Middle of Somewhere

Re: 20 inch wheels!

Post by MikeFish » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:59 pm

Yes, the front are from an S6/S7. Not sure what the rear are from; possibly the same.

Softishman
2nd Gear
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:52 pm

Re: 20 inch wheels!

Post by Softishman » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:11 pm

My brakes are from S6/S7.
I have a 4mm spacer behind the disc (and grinded down caliper bracket 0,4mm) do make it fit.
On top of that i will use a special 7mm hubcentric in and outside spacer (to the disc and the wheels). On the pictures i testfitted them with a 10mm spacer. So later ot will bu 3mm further in.
Hope that answers your qeustions?!
More pics on the car and brakes on Instagram @softishman
The graphics is gonna be removed later... going back to the clean look😎
@softishman on IG
Check out my RS4 there!

lengster1
Cruising
Posts: 3051
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:00 pm

Re: 20 inch wheels!

Post by lengster1 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:41 pm

Did you get sorted with a set? I’ve just bought a b7 on 20” rotors that I might do a deal with if I don’t let em go with the car.

MrRSB7
1st Gear
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:08 pm

Re: 20 inch wheels!

Post by MrRSB7 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:39 pm

Thanks


But for now I’ve decided to get the existing OEM 19’s powder coated

Just come back from the garage 💦💦💦💦

Fatneck73
4th Gear
Posts: 696
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:02 pm
Location: Essex

Re: 20 inch wheels!

Post by Fatneck73 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:46 am

lengster1 wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:41 pm
Did you get sorted with a set? I’ve just bought a b7 on 20” rotors that I might do a deal with if I don’t let em go with the car.
Piccys?

User avatar
WRS4
2nd Gear
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: 20 inch wheels!

Post by WRS4 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:19 pm

hi, I have only just seen this post but all I would advise is NEVER buy 20" rims, I had some on my M3 AND NOW MY RS4 and I cracked 2 rims on the m3 and 3 rims on my rs4. No not due to my driving but the fact our roads are so poor these days its a joke. That and the fact a 20" rim has far slimmer tyre profile which takes the cushion out of the side wall then as soon as you hit a pot hole there is no give and the rim cracks. I still have 20" on my car but if I could turn back the clock I would never add 20" rims again to any car. And I get we all think it will never happen to us, I thought the exact same thing not ever having a puncture in over 25 yrs, but 5 cracked rims since moving up to a 20" says it all really
Sprint Blue RS4 - 20" X 10J 3DSM Wheels - Carbon Front Splitter - Carbon Rear Diffuser - H & R Anti Roll Bars - Bilstein Adjustable Shocks - Milltek Exhaust System - De Catted - Valve Removed - MRC Stage 2 Re-Map - 480 bhp

User avatar
MikeFish
Cruising
Posts: 14912
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:23 pm
Location: The Middle of Somewhere

Re: 20 inch wheels!

Post by MikeFish » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:17 pm

I had 20" on my RS4 for years without a single issue. And not have 21s on my RS6 again without issues.

User avatar
FaisalJ
Cruising
Posts: 2623
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:03 pm
Location: Surrey

20 inch wheels!

Post by FaisalJ » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:15 pm

WRS4 wrote:hi, I have only just seen this post but all I would advise is NEVER buy 20" rims, I had some on my M3 AND NOW MY RS4 and I cracked 2 rims on the m3 and 3 rims on my rs4. No not due to my driving but the fact our roads are so poor these days its a joke. That and the fact a 20" rim has far slimmer tyre profile which takes the cushion out of the side wall then as soon as you hit a pot hole there is no give and the rim cracks. I still have 20" on my car but if I could turn back the clock I would never add 20" rims again to any car. And I get we all think it will never happen to us, I thought the exact same thing not ever having a puncture in over 25 yrs, but 5 cracked rims since moving up to a 20" says it all really
Like Mike - I have 20” wheels on my RS4, and previous set were 20s too. Been fine.

WRS4 - what wheels were they? You may have just been unlucky. No guarantee that OEM wheels wouldn’t buckle or crack too


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Post Reply

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 64 guests