FBMFSW .... still confused!

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
MrBlueSky
Neutral

FBMFSW .... still confused!

Post by MrBlueSky » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:22 am

The more posts I read the more confused I get!.....

Can anyone tell me in simple speak if its possible to fit any of the currently available UK model audi FBMFSW's in perforated leather (not Euro wheel with silver plastic) to replace my existing std. circular 2007 RS4 B7 MFSW without wiring mods i.e. round dual airbag plug'n'play. I have spoken to HazzyDayz who were really helpful and offered to fit a brand new wheel and even had a couple of used wheel options. But I believe they require wiring mods so guessing single airbag and also has redundant buttons.

I must be getting old :shock:

Lady Penelope
2nd Gear

Re: FBMFSW .... still confused!

Post by Lady Penelope » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:34 pm

Hello,

We replaced the round MFSW in our B7 RS4 Cabriolet with a perforated leather FBMFSW one from an Audi TTRS.

Hazzy Dayz did the swap and I believe there were some minor wiring changes required.

Looks and works (all function buttons on the wheel are active, just as they were on the round one) brilliantly.

Had ours retrimmed in perforated leather along with the handbrake cover and gear stick gaiter in red stitching to match the car.

The wheel swap I recommend and also Hazzy Dayz too.

Hope that helps

P
RS4 B7 2007 Cabriolet Misano Red
Revolution carbon air intake, KW adjustable springs, Da Vinci 20" summer rims, OEM 19" winter chrome and black rims, Audi Ceramic front brakes, Milltek cat back non resonated valved exhaust, US spec black front grill, MRC stage 2, Piano black interior + cream leather buckets. EM Tuning dragon eyes and xenon upgrade, TTRS FBMF steering wheel, TV, Reversing camera, Nav, Red leather fitted luggage.

MrBlueSky
Neutral

Post by MrBlueSky » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:48 pm

Thats really helpful Lady P, thank you. I am definitely good to go with Hazzy Dayz as they have been so helpful to date. Just wanted to make sure there wasnt a cheaper diy option :wink:

Lady Penelope
2nd Gear

Post by Lady Penelope » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:54 pm

Unless you are handy with coding various functionality for the car I'd go with Hazzy Dayz.

When we swapped ours over the MF button on the wheel for the phone fit didn't pick up that function first time, needed recoding and now works fine.

P
RS4 B7 2007 Cabriolet Misano Red
Revolution carbon air intake, KW adjustable springs, Da Vinci 20" summer rims, OEM 19" winter chrome and black rims, Audi Ceramic front brakes, Milltek cat back non resonated valved exhaust, US spec black front grill, MRC stage 2, Piano black interior + cream leather buckets. EM Tuning dragon eyes and xenon upgrade, TTRS FBMF steering wheel, TV, Reversing camera, Nav, Red leather fitted luggage.

MrBlueSky
Neutral

Post by MrBlueSky » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:12 am

Thanks for the advice Lady P. Im quite happy with coding using VCDS, just need to know which are the right bits to get really. May look around for a TTRS version.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”