Rear Callipers upgrade

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
User avatar
andyg72
4th Gear
Posts: 518
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Rear Callipers upgrade

Post by andyg72 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:38 pm

I’m looking to replace my rear callipers for some tarox
I’ve had a good look around but cannot find anyone that has done this ?
Do tarox even supply a calliper for the rear
Main reason mine are showing there age plus I’ve tarox up front so would like them to match

I have emailed tarox twice now with no reply

Any suggestions or links would be appreciated
Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
andyg72
4th Gear
Posts: 518
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: Rear Callipers upgrade

Post by andyg72 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:16 pm

Reply from tarox
Hi Andy

The issue with the rear set up is the integral handbrake caliper. Systems can be built but they are not off the shelf. Some of dealers build kit by retaining the OE caliper for the handbrake and then building a bracket to mount our calipers.

If you are happy for someone to start a project like this then I would recommend. TSR, VRT or Retro Resus as they all have experience with custom rear kits.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
MikeFish
Cruising
Posts: 14912
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:23 pm
Location: The Middle of Somewhere

Re: Rear Callipers upgrade

Post by MikeFish » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:21 pm

So you going for it then?
Didn't Jonytek do a custom ceramic rear setup with seperate handbrake caliper? Where is he? Haven't seen him on here or insta for a while!

User avatar
Surrey Sam
Cruising
Posts: 4195
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:34 pm
Location: Sussex

Re: Rear Callipers upgrade

Post by Surrey Sam » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:29 pm

Movit did/do a kit for the B7 - http://www.movitcars.com/rahmen/audi.htm


Image
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

User avatar
andyg72
4th Gear
Posts: 518
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: Rear Callipers upgrade

Post by andyg72 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:30 pm

MikeFish wrote:So you going for it then?
Didn't Jonytek do a custom ceramic rear setup with seperate handbrake caliper? Where is he? Haven't seen him on here or insta for a while!
Yes mike it’s always bugged me on my last one with ceramics and steel miss match now on the new one
I’ve the discs to match but the rear callipers are showing there age so I’m looking to swap them


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
andyg72
4th Gear
Posts: 518
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Rear Callipers upgrade

Post by andyg72 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:31 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:Movit did/do a kit for the B7 - http://www.movitcars.com/rahmen/audi.htm


Image

Thanks Sam I’ll look into that option

Also the r8 rears but I’ll have to get the colour matched to my fronts


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
andyg72
4th Gear
Posts: 518
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: Rear Callipers upgrade

Post by andyg72 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:35 pm

Someone has mentioned jony tec before I’ll try contact him for some advice


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marc1
Cruising
Posts: 3230
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:46 pm

Re: Rear Callipers upgrade

Post by marc1 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:47 pm

I wonder if https://www.tomwrigleyperformance.com/ could help. Not sure if it’s only AP they do though.

User avatar
Jon_J
5th Gear
Posts: 1265
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:20 am

Re: Rear Callipers upgrade

Post by Jon_J » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:30 pm

andyg72 wrote:Someone has mentioned jony tec before I’ll try contact him for some advice


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonys RS4 Project
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RS4 B7 Sprint Blue
- Titanium Pack
- Black Optics
- B16's
- RNSE2 with AMI
- Reverse Camera
- Full Stereo install

S5 8T Cab White
S4 B7 Phantom Black (gone but not forgotten)
A4 B7 Avant 2.7 TDI Brilliant Red
A5 Cab 3.0 TDI Phantom Black

User avatar
andyg72
4th Gear
Posts: 518
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: Rear Callipers upgrade

Post by andyg72 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:32 pm

Seems all modifications on the rears require separate handbrake & messes with the brake bias if this is the case I’ll not Pursue & most likely replace with stock callipers but colour match to the fronts either anodise or powder coat


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Jon_J
5th Gear
Posts: 1265
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:20 am

Re: Rear Callipers upgrade

Post by Jon_J » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:34 pm

andyg72 wrote:Seems all modifications on the rears require separate handbrake & messes with the brake bias if this is the case I’ll not Pursue & most likely replace with stock callipers but colour match to the fronts either anodise or powder coat


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely the easiest job. Get them re powder coated and refurb them whilst they are out.

I did the refurb myself and just had them powder coated by someone else.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RS4 B7 Sprint Blue
- Titanium Pack
- Black Optics
- B16's
- RNSE2 with AMI
- Reverse Camera
- Full Stereo install

S5 8T Cab White
S4 B7 Phantom Black (gone but not forgotten)
A4 B7 Avant 2.7 TDI Brilliant Red
A5 Cab 3.0 TDI Phantom Black

User avatar
andyg72
4th Gear
Posts: 518
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Rear Callipers upgrade

Post by andyg72 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:37 pm

Jon_J wrote:
andyg72 wrote:Seems all modifications on the rears require separate handbrake & messes with the brake bias if this is the case I’ll not Pursue & most likely replace with stock callipers but colour match to the fronts either anodise or powder coat


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely the easiest job. Get them re powder coated and refurb them whilst they are out.

I did the refurb myself and just had them powder coated by someone else.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jon do you know if they Can be anodised ?
Iill buy new so straight swap once colour has been sorted


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Jon_J
5th Gear
Posts: 1265
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:20 am

Re: Rear Callipers upgrade

Post by Jon_J » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:39 pm

andyg72 wrote:
Jon_J wrote:
andyg72 wrote:Seems all modifications on the rears require separate handbrake & messes with the brake bias if this is the case I’ll not Pursue & most likely replace with stock callipers but colour match to the fronts either anodise or powder coat


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely the easiest job. Get them re powder coated and refurb them whilst they are out.

I did the refurb myself and just had them powder coated by someone else.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jon do you know if they Can be anodised ?
Iill buy new so straight swap once colour has been sorted


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are aluminium so don’t see why not?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RS4 B7 Sprint Blue
- Titanium Pack
- Black Optics
- B16's
- RNSE2 with AMI
- Reverse Camera
- Full Stereo install

S5 8T Cab White
S4 B7 Phantom Black (gone but not forgotten)
A4 B7 Avant 2.7 TDI Brilliant Red
A5 Cab 3.0 TDI Phantom Black

User avatar
andyg72
4th Gear
Posts: 518
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Rear Callipers upgrade

Post by andyg72 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:18 am

I wasn’t sure if they were alloy now I know :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Jon_J
5th Gear
Posts: 1265
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:20 am

Re: Rear Callipers upgrade

Post by Jon_J » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:50 am

andyg72 wrote:I wasn’t sure if they were alloy now I know :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely alloy


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RS4 B7 Sprint Blue
- Titanium Pack
- Black Optics
- B16's
- RNSE2 with AMI
- Reverse Camera
- Full Stereo install

S5 8T Cab White
S4 B7 Phantom Black (gone but not forgotten)
A4 B7 Avant 2.7 TDI Brilliant Red
A5 Cab 3.0 TDI Phantom Black

Post Reply

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 65 guests