Massive engine oil leak

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
tproky
Neutral

Massive engine oil leak

Post by tproky » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:51 pm

Hello,

first sorry for my english (i´m from chzech republic)

Week ago bought cheap RS4 with lack of power and oil leak. Already did carbon clean,changed pcv valve,o-rings under filter housing,valve cover gaskets..

But this not stopped leak

power steering line,bud not leaking PS fluid :shock:
behind light,same powersteering line

does anyone have an idea where the oil is leaking ? Looks like dipstick tube area...Oil cooler line is fine.
Thanks

dhali
4th Gear

Re: Massive engine oil leak

Post by dhali » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:05 pm

I would Power wash engine to get rid of all previous residue . Then you will have an idea where it's coming from .

AA_954
1st Gear

Massive engine oil leak

Post by AA_954 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:24 pm

tproky wrote:Hello,

first sorry for my english (i´m from chzech republic)

Week ago bought cheap RS4 with lack of power and oil leak. Already did carbon clean,changed pcv valve,o-rings under filter housing,valve cover gaskets..

But this not stopped leak

power steering line,bud not leaking PS fluid Image
behind light,same powersteering line

does anyone have an idea where the oil is leaking ? Looks like dipstick tube area...Oil cooler line is fine.
Thanks
I used liquimoly molygen for one of my oil changes, this oil reacts to UV light and it helped me pinpoint an oil leak that was coming from the valve covers, as the other member suggested give it a good scrub and then try this oil to help you find where the leak could come from..., dipstick seal is worth changing same as the one where the filter housing is. You mentioned you already did both valve covers which usually is a fail point in these, you also changed the PCV and the lines were well connected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”