Can you help ?

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
dhali
4th Gear

Re: Can you help ?

Post by dhali » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:19 am

WRS4 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:43 am
ok all the lighting has been removed, as you can see they have been over heating as the black box thing on both lights have got very hot, again not saying this is the reason BUT still electrical related so piece of mind they have been removed, hoping the new bulbs arrived today so I can see, oh and the car started up first time again this morning.
image1 (9).jpeg
Was all that packed inside the headlight ? If so I would start looking inside there for damage to other wiring .

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:08 pm

Do the Trups lights have all that stuff inside too?

WRS4
2nd Gear

Post by WRS4 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:08 pm

yes all was inside as advised by the seller, I have checked and no other damage as far as I can see..

taonga came around this morning, very much appreciated and nice bloke, run some checks and a number of them came back but some confusing as I don't have issues with some that came back ???

ANYWAY I will post a new thread and see if anyone can advise on the faults that came back
Sprint Blue RS4 - 20" X 10J 3DSM Wheels - Carbon Front Splitter - Carbon Rear Diffuser - H & R Anti Roll Bars - Bilstein Adjustable Shocks - Milltek Exhaust System - De Catted - Valve Removed - MRC Stage 2 Re-Map - 480 bhp

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:14 pm

Why not post the results on this thread as it’s already started and the folk that have replied will be informed of your results rather than being lost in a new thread.

Cheers :thumbs:

WRS4
2nd Gear

Post by WRS4 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:49 pm

FrazerD wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:14 pm
Why not post the results on this thread as it’s already started and the folk that have replied will be informed of your results rather than being lost in a new thread.

Cheers :thumbs:
That's pretty simple to answer, some one with knowledge about faults / error codes may not read this thread as ive not mentioned error codes in the title, makes more sense to make a new thread headed error codes and then anyone with knowledge of these may well read the thread and help out, mate I need my car fixed asap that's all im bothered about
Sprint Blue RS4 - 20" X 10J 3DSM Wheels - Carbon Front Splitter - Carbon Rear Diffuser - H & R Anti Roll Bars - Bilstein Adjustable Shocks - Milltek Exhaust System - De Catted - Valve Removed - MRC Stage 2 Re-Map - 480 bhp

dhali
4th Gear

Post by dhali » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:53 pm

You need to check on the Ross tech forums . Only problem is you need to be a registered owner of VCDS to get help from the guys in the know .

WRS4
2nd Gear

Post by WRS4 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:57 pm

cheers, well im not and I don't own one so not sure how to go about that other than maybe someone on here who is already a member could maybe ask on my behalf

Shockerboy
2nd Gear

Post by Shockerboy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:54 pm

I would check the earths under the bonnet , there are usually a few and often some are close to the head light , if there are lots of brown wires going to the earth it means lots of stuff wont work normal including the lights etc . just had a similar problem on a Merc and the earth behind the head light was so corroded when i tried to CLEAN it it came off in my hand . Bad earths on cars can really throw curved balls

WRS4
2nd Gear

Post by WRS4 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:36 pm

Shockerboy wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:54 pm
I would check the earths under the bonnet , there are usually a few and often some are close to the head light , if there are lots of brown wires going to the earth it means lots of stuff wont work normal including the lights etc . just had a similar problem on a Merc and the earth behind the head light was so corroded when i tried to CLEAN it it came off in my hand . Bad earths on cars can really throw curved balls
ok another good point and will have a look around the engine bay this weekend, cheers fella

Grandadg90
3rd Gear

Post by Grandadg90 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:05 am

I would go for the clutch switch, located under panel near the pedals. There are two. Does your cruise control work? I don't think it's lights related.
Daytona Grey, Bilstein Coilovers, Pre-cat delete, Centre resonator delete, IM flaps/vains delete, Interior/Exterior LED kit, CAI, Black Optics.
Other car: Bread Van

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”