PPF vs Ceramic Coat vs Wrap

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
MikeFish
Cruising

Re: PPF vs Ceramic Coat vs Wrap

Post by MikeFish » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:49 pm

PPF for me is about protecting the paintwork rather than making it easier to clean but that is a very nice bonus.

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:32 pm

MikeFish wrote:PPF for me is about protecting the paintwork rather than making it easier to clean but that is a very nice bonus.
Oh yeah that too Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Stiggles
2nd Gear

Post by Stiggles » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:11 pm

I'll be having my front end and rear bumper repainted soon due to bad scratches and stone chips, the front and rear bumper will get ppf due to the protective nature, stone chips on the front, dog jumping in and out of boot.

But for the rest of the car I will be using wax, I find cleaning and waxing therapeutic, and if you re apply wax before its worn off there's still a layer of protection on the car while your using an applicator for the new layer, I strongly prefer the wet look of wax over the lasting protection and shine of ceramic.

But I have seen some fantastic looking ceramic coated cars.

coffey555
5th Gear

Post by coffey555 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:07 pm

Stiggles wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:11 pm
I'll be having my front end and rear bumper repainted soon due to bad scratches and stone chips, the front and rear bumper will get ppf due to the protective nature, stone chips on the front, dog jumping in and out of boot.

But for the rest of the car I will be using wax, I find cleaning and waxing therapeutic, and if you re apply wax before its worn off there's still a layer of protection on the car while your using an applicator for the new layer, I strongly prefer the wet look of wax over the lasting protection and shine of ceramic.

I am going to do the same but will add film to the side skirts and front of the rear arches because they very prone to stone chipping.
Misano Red RS4 B7 Avant

Stiggles
2nd Gear

Post by Stiggles » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:25 pm

coffey555 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:07 pm
Stiggles wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:11 pm

I am going to do the same but will add film to the side skirts and front of the rear arches because they very prone to stone chipping.
Good shout! Ppf for all plastics basically lol. The C6 I don't think suffers arch chipping, probably because the B7 has monstrous arches.

Toady1
3rd Gear

Post by Toady1 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:19 pm

I noticed Halfords selling a brand of ceramic coatings this week a box for inside and outside is £100. £30 for just the paintwork one. Is this a bit cheap for a ceramic coating?

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”