Convertible gas struts

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
SupraEdd
1st Gear

Convertible gas struts

Post by SupraEdd » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:19 pm

I've been having a problem on and off with my hood over the past year or so. But at the weekend it finally gave up.
So whilst doing a manual reset I noticed that one of these small gas struts has major leaked, the other side is showing signs of going too.
Its left a real stick mess on the hood cover.
IMG_2523.jpg
IMG_2524.jpg
Has anyone had experience in changing over part '011 10277c' ?
Also I havnt had a chance to call Audi to find out how much they want to rinse me for a couple of new ones, but they dont even seem to be on sale over the tinterweb! apart from the odd 'used' one on ebay.

Edd...
If it's a tabby cat, I'm ok with that. If it's a bit leopardy, I could be in jeopardy!

Jezza1644
1st Gear

Re: Convertible gas struts

Post by Jezza1644 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:28 am

SupraEdd wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:19 pm
I've been having a problem on and off with my hood over the past year or so. But at the weekend it finally gave up.
So whilst doing a manual reset I noticed that one of these small gas struts has major leaked, the other side is showing signs of going too.

IMG_2523.jpgIMG_2524.jpg

Also I havnt had a chance to call Audi to find out how much they want to rinse me for a couple of new ones, but they dont even seem to be on sale over the tinterweb! apart from the odd 'used' one on ebay.

Edd...
If you contact Khurrum at http://www.vagpro.co.uk/ he'll be able to sort you out. He fixed my hood motor for about £100 which inc about an hours labour, a couple of years ago. Fraction of what a dealer would charge you!

SupraEdd
1st Gear

Post by SupraEdd » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:39 am

Much appreciated, I'll check them out thanks.
If it's a tabby cat, I'm ok with that. If it's a bit leopardy, I could be in jeopardy!

Lady Penelope
2nd Gear

Post by Lady Penelope » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:00 pm

Jezza1644 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:28 am
SupraEdd wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:19 pm

IMG_2523.jpgIMG_2524.jpg

Edd...
If you contact Khurrum at http://www.vagpro.co.uk/ he'll be able to sort you out. He fixed my hood motor for about £100 which inc about an hours labour, a couple of years ago. Fraction of what a dealer would charge you!
+1 on VAGPRO.... very good service indeed.

Alternatively if you are further north, AutoElectron in Harrogate is a no frills similar guy...

They're the two go to convertible roof places, don't use anyone else IMHO...
RS4 B7 2007 Cabriolet Misano Red
Revolution carbon air intake, KW adjustable springs, Da Vinci 20" summer rims, OEM 19" winter chrome and black rims, Audi Ceramic front brakes, Milltek cat back non resonated valved exhaust, US spec black front grill, MRC stage 2, Piano black interior + cream leather buckets. EM Tuning dragon eyes and xenon upgrade, TTRS FBMF steering wheel, TV, Reversing camera, Nav, Red leather fitted luggage.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”