Guidance Please - Fitting a Replacement Fog Light Grille

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
DuncanF
1st Gear

Guidance Please - Fitting a Replacement Fog Light Grille

Post by DuncanF » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:56 pm

Someone managed to rip my OSF fog light grille out in a supermarket car park. I found it lying by the car. Fortunately no other damage, however all the tabs had broken off so I picked up a replacement today.

Is there a knack to fitting it I should be aware of? Inside/outside/top/bottom first etc. Or line it up square and whack it with a "persuader"? :audibash: I don't want to break any tabs off by fitting it arse backwards and having to remove/replace.

My Google-foo is deserting me on this.

Ta!

MikeFish
Cruising

Re: Guidance Please - Fitting a Replacement Fog Light Grille

Post by MikeFish » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:18 pm

There is a stick out tab I think on the end towards the centre of the car so that side goes in first then push the rest on. I'll have a look through old photos to try and work it out. But it is defo either left of right side first then push in.

Jon_J
5th Gear

Re: Guidance Please - Fitting a Replacement Fog Light Grille

Post by Jon_J » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:26 pm

DuncanF wrote:Someone managed to rip my OSF fog light grille out in a supermarket car park. I found it lying by the car. Fortunately no other damage, however all the tabs had broken off so I picked up a replacement today.

Is there a knack to fitting it I should be aware of? Inside/outside/top/bottom first etc. Or line it up square and whack it with a "persuader"? :audibash: I don't want to break any tabs off by fitting it arse backwards and having to remove/replace.

My Google-foo is deserting me on this.

Ta!

Outside edge goes in first, then it clips in moving towards the middle of the at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RS4 B7 Sprint Blue
- Titanium Pack
- Black Optics
- B16's
- RNSE2 with AMI
- Reverse Camera
- Full Stereo install

S5 8T Cab White
S4 B7 Phantom Black (gone but not forgotten)
A4 B7 Avant 2.7 TDI Brilliant Red
A5 Cab 3.0 TDI Phantom Black

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”