Control Arm Part Numbers

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Wavey Dynamicist
2nd Gear

Control Arm Part Numbers

Post by Wavey Dynamicist » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:38 am

I'm aware that there is a thread somewhere listing these out but i can't find it anywhere after 20 minutes of searching, so if anyone knows the thread then please link it and i'll close this one.

If not - I Need to get my front control arms replaced as the bushes are toast.. Want to go OEM so looking at Lemforder and just want to confirm the list of P/Ns i have here are ok before i order and who i need to order from. What's peoples experience?

Thanks.
2007 RS4 Saloon; Mugello Blue

Pistolpete2543
3rd Gear

Re: Control Arm Part Numbers

Post by Pistolpete2543 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:31 pm

I already gave it to you in the other thread.

MIDZ
2nd Gear

Post by MIDZ » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:27 pm

I recently changed all uppers, a complete pig of a job especially with DRC shocks....
I used small butane torch and with constant heat on upright pinch bolt eventually started to move, after much backward & forward it came out. Not so lucky on other side as bolt snapped which meant drilling it out....

To get the front arm pivot bolt out I had to use a spring compressor to pull the top mount down enough and allow the mount to rotate where i could get the bolt out. (both sides)

I measured arm distances between arm and top of inner wing with vernier before slackening and checked against spec, used this measurement when tightening new arms in position

I ordered all parts from Autodoc and can't complain, next will be all lower arms and arb links

Part no's I referenced from Lemforder before buying from Autodoc, part no's as follows:

29851 01 front axle,front left upper (quantity 1)
29852 01 front axle,front right upper (quantity 1)
29853 01 front axle,rear left upper (quantity 1)
29854 01 front axle,rear right upper (quantity 1)

All parts are OEM, you can see where the audi rings have been removed on the casting

MIDZ
2nd Gear

Post by MIDZ » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:05 pm

MIDZ wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:27 pm
I recently changed all uppers, a complete pig of a job especially with DRC shocks....
I used small butane torch and with constant heat on upright pinch bolt eventually started to move, after much backward & forward it came out. Not so lucky on other side as bolt snapped which meant drilling it out....

To get the front arm pivot bolt out I had to use a spring compressor to pull the top mount down enough and allow the mount to rotate where i could get the bolt out. (both sides)

I measured arm distances between arm and top of inner wing with vernier before slackening and checked against spec, used this measurement when tightening new arms in position

I ordered all parts from Autodoc and can't complain, next will be all lower arms and arb links

Part no's I referenced from Lemforder before buying from Autodoc, part no's as follows:

All parts are OEM, you can see where the audi rings have been removed on the casting
20180822_135848.jpg

Wavey Dynamicist
2nd Gear

Post by Wavey Dynamicist » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:41 am

Pistolpete2543 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:31 pm
I already gave it to you in the other thread.
Ah so you did, apologies i missed that.. Got both your links!

Wavey Dynamicist
2nd Gear

Post by Wavey Dynamicist » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:42 am

MIDZ wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:27 pm

Thanks also! I'll get a set ordered!

Pistolpete2543
3rd Gear

Post by Pistolpete2543 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:40 pm

If you’re going to do it, I would get all the arms listed in the thread I posted (inc the ARB drop links or C-links as they’re known). I changed everything and the car has been transformed. Make sure you get a proper 4-wheel alignment done afterwards too.

I got all mine from autopartstechnik. They’re lemforder agent in UK. Best price & excellent service.

Wavey Dynamicist
2nd Gear

Post by Wavey Dynamicist » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:25 pm

Pistolpete2543 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:40 pm
If you’re going to do it, I would get all the arms listed in the thread I posted (inc the ARB drop links or C-links as they’re known). I changed everything and the car has been transformed. Make sure you get a proper 4-wheel alignment done afterwards too.

I got all mine from autopartstechnik. They’re lemforder agent in UK. Best price & excellent service.
Yeah that's exactly where i got them from actually.. All but one arm - They were out of stock and lead time was 3 weeks so i grabbed that from mister-auto..

Booked in to get fitted next week - i'm not expecting a huge difference actually but you're not the first person i've heard say they found one! Let's see!

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”