sar
4th Gear

Re: Want to buy RS4 B7 Supercharger kit

Post by sar » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:14 am

m2motortechnik wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:43 pm
the jhm kit are garbage they barely make anymore power and the map is terrible
sad, bitter, vindictive shill.

crawl back under your rock you grade A <beep>.
b7rs4 phantom black, titan pack.

rs4rule
Neutral

Post by rs4rule » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:45 am

akoblivius wrote:
DavidRS4 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:37 pm
I have JHM brakes all round and a stage 3 clutch and lightweight flywheel from them. I find all their parts very well made and tested.

Please elaborate about the problems with their kit.
I also bought several parts from JHM,but now there is a minus 10% off until august 21 or 20. Nobody response on my question about the kit in the past few days.
I wanted to ask them about the stage 2 option,but unfortunately no response.

Anyway if i'm going to order their kit and after have to pay 27% VAT,i'm around on the same price,if i gonna to order the TTS
I am not here to promote, compare or badmouth any of the options out there. Apart from the obvious ones which have failed but that was not the question.

I have the JHM kit installed, did it all myself, and I am totally happy. Initially got their Stage 1 and also the 1+ shortly after they released it. To be fair it does take quite a bit more work to install but in my case there was/is no local JHM dealer so I had no choice but to do it myself and I have no regrets.

Also went with their 3R clutch as the
OEM one couldn’t cope with the extra power that came with the 1+.

Their is another JHM car in UK, and you could perhaps also reach out to him. I see he, SAR, did respond earlier on that other idiots negative post.

Which ever route you go I am sure you will be satisfied so good luck. If you need any additional information please feel free to ask and I am sure SAR will comment as well.

Cheers Rudi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mat20vt
2nd Gear

Post by Mat20vt » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:47 am

What sort of figures has jhm kit made?
Previously big turbo'd mk4 golf, big turbo'd Audi A3 Quattro
Currently remapped vw caddy
& 2009 rs4 saloon, TTS supercharged, mrc mapped, miltek catback, kwv3, h&r arbs, gutted precats, ceramic brakes 610bhp 👍

sar
4th Gear

Post by sar » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:13 pm

akoblivius wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:03 pm
I made a decision and want to build finally my rs4 b7 and keep it for my childs.

Please try to sell me any kind of supercharger kit.

I'm happy to wait any offer.

If can't find then maybe i will choose the JHM.

thanks everybody time.
if you want to supercharge your rs4 you really only have two options, TTS or JHM.

APR are no longer making their kits. the first lower power kit they did the TVS1700 wasnt great for the cash it cost, their second attempt the TVS1900 was better and made decent power but still cost way to much. (even more if you didnt live in the usa and had to pay import taxes and duty ect).

PES i think are no longer in business, well at least i hope they arnt. they had a very poor reputation and never got any real results out of the rs4. plenty of horror story's on the net of blown engines ect.

so that leaves TTS and JHM, the TTS kit is dearer than the JHM stage 1 kit but the TTS kit is intercooled and the stage1 JHM kit is not. so a fairer comparison is to the stage 1+ JHM kit which i think is $11000 dollars, add on a bit for import duty, <beep> exchange rate ect and the price difference has more or less vanished.
power wise id say the JHM stage 1 kit probably makes about 500bhp to 550bhp (summer/winter, no intercooler). the TTS kit is around 570bhp to 600bhp. and the JHM stage 1+ kit i think is around 600bhp to 650bhp, a little more than the TTS but nothing earth shattering.

in theory the rotex supercharger in the JHM kit is capable of producing around 800+bhp but i doubt you could ever run sufficient cooling to ever approach anywhere near that without severely modifying your engine bay. similarly TTS has a larger supercharger unit that could be used with the rs4 kit but again cooling will be a massive issue not to mention both JHM and TTS dont feel comfortable pushing past 650bhp on a stock block so you are kind of capped around the 600bhp mark.
the b7 rs4 really isnt the platform to chase big numbers sure it can be done if you got the cash but i dont think it makes sense unless you won the euromillions or you are a mental case quad personality disorder chef from the states.

if you were thinking of installing the supercharger yourself then the TTS is more straight forward, the JHM kits are more involved and will take longer to fit.

customer service wise i have never dealt with TTS but i only really hear good things about them.

JHM i have dealt with and on the whole they are great but their customer service front end can sometimes be frustrating, unanswered questions long waits for replys ect. sometimes they on it, sometimes they aint. to be fair to JHM at the time we were on uncharted territory and i was asking question that no one had asked before and they were literally still working on the answers.
i have had direct contact with one of the owners jay and he couldn't have been more helpful really nice fella. and then you have their tuner Kurt probably the nicest fella i ever communicated with in the auto trade, asked for my mobile number and rang me from the states to talk me through the remote tuning process. gave me his mobile number said to ring day or night any time if i had any questions or concerns a top man.
b7rs4 phantom black, titan pack.

Lukes3
4th Gear

Post by Lukes3 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:29 pm

akoblivius wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:15 am
Lukes3 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:56 pm
I am tts fan.
Brought an installed by myself good kit.

Hi,can you share with me your experience about that tts supercharger?

How many miles you drove with that? Did u change the clutch and etc? What kind of parts do u changed?

thanks your time.
I have done a full build thread on here.
viewtopic.php?f=121&t=122135
This should help mate.
Current-saloon rs4,Full decat Xpipe miltek,cold air feed,BMC air filter, TTS supercharged, MRC stage 3 L/C F/S,hell s+s brake lines,AP racing rotors + vagbremtechnic bells, kw v3s clifford 650mk2

Gone-audi s3 8p stage2+ with loba lo400 turbo.

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:41 pm

There’s the VF engineering kit too isn’t there. British lad that owns it, but based in the states I think. They are always in the Smoking Tire and other YouTube channels. Plus MTM kits. Assume both are expensive though.

akoblivius
Neutral

Post by akoblivius » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:26 am

sar wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:13 pm
akoblivius wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:03 pm
I made a decision and want to build finally my rs4 b7 and keep it for my childs.

Please try to sell me any kind of supercharger kit.

I'm happy to wait any offer.

If can't find then maybe i will choose the JHM.

thanks everybody time.
if you want to supercharge your rs4 you really only have two options, TTS or JHM.

APR are no longer making their kits. the first lower power kit they did the TVS1700 wasnt great for the cash it cost, their second attempt the TVS1900 was better and made decent power but still cost way to much. (even more if you didnt live in the usa and had to pay import taxes and duty ect).

PES i think are no longer in business, well at least i hope they arnt. they had a very poor reputation and never got any real results out of the rs4. plenty of horror story's on the net of blown engines ect.

so that leaves TTS and JHM, the TTS kit is dearer than the JHM stage 1 kit but the TTS kit is intercooled and the stage1 JHM kit is not. so a fairer comparison is to the stage 1+ JHM kit which i think is $11000 dollars, add on a bit for import duty, <beep> exchange rate ect and the price difference has more or less vanished.
power wise id say the JHM stage 1 kit probably makes about 500bhp to 550bhp (summer/winter, no intercooler). the TTS kit is around 570bhp to 600bhp. and the JHM stage 1+ kit i think is around 600bhp to 650bhp, a little more than the TTS but nothing earth shattering.

in theory the rotex supercharger in the JHM kit is capable of producing around 800+bhp but i doubt you could ever run sufficient cooling to ever approach anywhere near that without severely modifying your engine bay. similarly TTS has a larger supercharger unit that could be used with the rs4 kit but again cooling will be a massive issue not to mention both JHM and TTS dont feel comfortable pushing past 650bhp on a stock block so you are kind of capped around the 600bhp mark.
the b7 rs4 really isnt the platform to chase big numbers sure it can be done if you got the cash but i dont think it makes sense unless you won the euromillions or you are a mental case quad personality disorder chef from the states.

if you were thinking of installing the supercharger yourself then the TTS is more straight forward, the JHM kits are more involved and will take longer to fit.

customer service wise i have never dealt with TTS but i only really hear good things about them.

JHM i have dealt with and on the whole they are great but their customer service front end can sometimes be frustrating, unanswered questions long waits for replys ect. sometimes they on it, sometimes they aint. to be fair to JHM at the time we were on uncharted territory and i was asking question that no one had asked before and they were literally still working on the answers.
i have had direct contact with one of the owners jay and he couldn't have been more helpful really nice fella. and then you have their tuner Kurt probably the nicest fella i ever communicated with in the auto trade, asked for my mobile number and rang me from the states to talk me through the remote tuning process. gave me his mobile number said to ring day or night any time if i had any questions or concerns a top man.

Thanks your answer!!

I already contacted with JHM and tried to figure out how much could be the total cost to my country for the clutch kit and the supercharger kit. There was a discount day off 10% every products. It's weird that customer service,hard to contact with them,nobody response on my emails. I cannot ask something about stage 2 or etc...

The TTS very friendly, but they said have to wait 6 weeks. I like to know,why some people tuned by the MRC or mtm the Ecu? TTS said me we have to send by post the computer and they will do everything and setup after ship back for free.

In my car i changed all of the components from JHM and 034 motorsport. the whole things are new and bought a new oem dual mass flywheel and clutch kit for around 1350 usd.
What do you think for a normal use that could be enough after we are going to install for example the TTS kit,or have to change for example the JHM clutch kit. what is recommended?

The new engine coming from Kronenburg NL with nika seal head cylinders. It's a totally new refresh build engine.

after all of the modifications i would like to do a topic and show to everybody. Not so easy to find a real stories aboutt he building,not just mention about the supercharger kit.

akoblivius
Neutral

Post by akoblivius » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:10 pm

rs4rule wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:45 am
akoblivius wrote:
DavidRS4 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:37 pm
I have JHM brakes all round and a stage 3 clutch and lightweight flywheel from them. I find all their parts very well made and tested.

Please elaborate about the problems with their kit.
I also bought several parts from JHM,but now there is a minus 10% off until august 21 or 20. Nobody response on my question about the kit in the past few days.
I wanted to ask them about the stage 2 option,but unfortunately no response.

Anyway if i'm going to order their kit and after have to pay 27% VAT,i'm around on the same price,if i gonna to order the TTS
I am not here to promote, compare or badmouth any of the options out there. Apart from the obvious ones which have failed but that was not the question.

I have the JHM kit installed, did it all myself, and I am totally happy. Initially got their Stage 1 and also the 1+ shortly after they released it. To be fair it does take quite a bit more work to install but in my case there was/is no local JHM dealer so I had no choice but to do it myself and I have no regrets.

Also went with their 3R clutch as the
OEM one couldn’t cope with the extra power that came with the 1+.

Their is another JHM car in UK, and you could perhaps also reach out to him. I see he, SAR, did respond earlier on that other idiots negative post.

Which ever route you go I am sure you will be satisfied so good luck. If you need any additional information please feel free to ask and I am sure SAR will comment as well.

Cheers Rudi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everybody so i want to share my opinions.

JHM kit price for the supercharger kit

The special price is now 8599 $ inc AC line mod because would like to use the air conditioning + flash cable required. + Shipping cost could be i'm sure 300-450$ ( maybe more ) to Hungary.

= 8950 $ around - 10% off discount maybe they can give = Around 8055 $ ( + i have to pay 27% VAT doesn't really matter i'm playing to buy with my company or as a private )
= 10.230 $ the finish.

TTS kit.

They put inside in the package a High pressure fuel pump upgrade. and also add oil coolers.
They are very friendly and the shipping cost more less then from USA . There maybe possible to find a option save the UK VAT 20%.
Price is : 9650 GBP and i have to call the boss,maybe could be get some discount,hopefully 5%. Around maybe possible to get for 9k gbp.

It is 11560 USD + maybe can save the extra 20% we will see.

I feel TTS give more inside the package. My other worrie is,maybe i'm stupid i don't know. Sometimes in my country the winter is strong and very dirty, big rains and snow is coming. The way for the JHM, they are taking the right side the turbo, i feel not so safety solution if the weather is very dirty. The TTS maybe for the turbo keep in more safety place and up side the head gaskets also add small cooling radi.

m2motortechnik
1st Gear

Post by m2motortechnik » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:47 pm

sar wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:14 am
m2motortechnik wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:43 pm
the jhm kit are garbage they barely make anymore power and the map is terrible
sad, bitter, vindictive shill.

crawl back under your rock you grade A <beep>.
only ignorante people like you that dont know anything about tuning or force induction ,i tested the jhm kit on the dyno many times,the power output on there stage 1 plus kit is 420 awhp,basicly 500 crank hp ,there tuning is pure garbage,with ecu pulling 8 to 12 degrees of timing ,go on Facebook on the s5 group few people have the kit and all are crying ,the kit is cheaply made but you get what your payed for,the stock motor will handle 700 awhp (850 plus bhp) as mine did for 60 plus thousand miles,sold my stock motor as i built a full race bns motor for my car,if you want a good proven supercharger kit go with tts ...... :thumbs:

akoblivius
Neutral

Post by akoblivius » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:15 am

Finally i ordered the kit from the TTS but unfortunately have to wait around 6 weeks.

what kind of clutch kit recommended for that stage?

somebody has a point? Just the JHM?

m2motortechnik
1st Gear

Post by m2motortechnik » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:03 pm

akoblivius wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:15 am
Finally i ordered the kit from the TTS but unfortunately have to wait around 6 weeks.

what kind of clutch kit recommended for that stage?

somebody has a point? Just the JHM?
if you want a good clutch set up go with clutchmaster or sachs motorsport cluth kit,stay away from light weight flywheel use a steel one also spec stage 3 clutch is realy good

akoblivius
Neutral

Post by akoblivius » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:23 pm

so this kit you not recommended right?

https://jhmotorsports.com/products/tran ... 7-rs4.html

Around 8000km earlier i bought a new clutch kit oem with dual mass flywheel,but in that time i doesn't really thought going to upgrade on the tts supercharger,so maybe i have to sell.
With the oem kit and dual mass flywheel,cannot drive well the car right?

This Sachs it's a steel? i think the same lightweight flywheel like in the jhm page. or no?

thanks for your help.

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:46 pm

I have the stage 3 clutch and lightweight flywheel from JHM in my car. I had it imported from America to the UK. I put the braided clutch hose in as well.

I’d love to hear why this kit is so bad. I highly rate it.
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

RS4SA
Neutral

Post by RS4SA » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:02 pm

DavidRS4 wrote:I have the stage 3 clutch and lightweight flywheel from JHM in my car. I had it imported from America to the UK. I put the braided clutch hose in as well.

I’d love to hear why this kit is so bad. I highly rate it.
Ditto, have the exact same setup, cant fault it. The guy is just anti JHM, look him up, just a complete a@hole!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:06 pm

Totally agree. I have their brakes all round too. Quality kit from them in my opinion!
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”