Front trim repair

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
TaPaKaH
Neutral

Front trim repair

Post by TaPaKaH » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:20 pm

Got into a bit of an accident at Nordschleife a few days ago, so now the front of my RS4 looks like this:

The list of damaged trim:
#1) Front grill (badly scratched and cracked rim)
#1a) Front grill number plate holder (scratched)
#2) Front bumper (cracked, scratched, bottom lip missing)
#3) Front crash bar (bent)
#4) Brake ducts (cracked both right and left)
#5) Brake duct grills (simply missing)

While #3-5 are relatively easy to obtain, I've had a hard time finding the original grill and a bumper. Hence a few questions:
1) Can anyone recommend a place in Western Europe (GB, DE, NL, BE, CH, FR) where original front bumpers can be found for reasonable price and in reasonable condition? So far I only found some ads on Allegro in Poland at ~400€ before shipping, though I am not fully convinced with reliability of those sellers nor condition of the parts since many of those have been repaired.
2) Is there a way to find the radiator grill rim separately? Throwing away 600€+shipping on a brand new grill seems a bit of an overkill given the damage. Also, I can't find a new Swiss number plate holder anywhere.
3) I am also slightly confused about certain part numbers. Namely:
- Is there any physical difference between crash bars 8E0807109J and 8E0807109L? Supposedly, the prior is meant for regular A4/S4 and the latter is for RS4.
- What is the difference between bumpers 8E0807437AJ and 8E0807105S?
- What is the difference between grills 8E0853651L (3FZ for black) and 8E0853651AF (VMZ for black)?

Thank you in advance!

Jon_J
5th Gear

Re: Front trim repair

Post by Jon_J » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:08 pm

TaPaKaH wrote:Got into a bit of an accident at Nordschleife a few days ago, so now the front of my RS4 looks like this:

While #3-5 are relatively easy to obtain, I've had a hard time finding the original grill and a bumper. Hence a few questions:
1) Can anyone recommend a place in Western Europe (GB, DE, NL, BE, CH, FR) where original front bumpers can be found for reasonable price and in reasonable condition? So far I only found some ads on Allegro in Poland at ~400€ before shipping, though I am not fully convinced with reliability of those sellers nor condition of the parts since many of those have been repaired.
2) Is there a way to find the radiator grill rim separately? Throwing away 600€+shipping on a brand new grill seems a bit of an overkill given the damage. Also, I can't find a new Swiss number plate holder anywhere.
- Is there any physical difference between crash bars 8E0807109J and 8E0807109L? Supposedly, the prior is meant for regular A4/S4 and the latter is for RS4.
- What is the difference between grills 8E0853651L (3FZ for black) and 8E0853651AF (VMZ for black)?

Thank you in advance!

The actual grill is specific to the RS so you’ll need to wait for a second hand one if you want to save some money.

The grill surround is the same as all the other A4 Sline. Just make sure you are buying an SLine grill trim and it will fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RS4 B7 Sprint Blue
- Titanium Pack
- Black Optics
- B16's
- RNSE2 with AMI
- Reverse Camera
- Full Stereo install

S5 8T Cab White
S4 B7 Phantom Black (gone but not forgotten)
A4 B7 Avant 2.7 TDI Brilliant Red
A5 Cab 3.0 TDI Phantom Black

Lukes3
4th Gear

Re: Front trim repair

Post by Lukes3 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:14 am

Jon_J wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:08 pm
TaPaKaH wrote:Got into a bit of an accident at Nordschleife a few days ago, so now the front of my RS4 looks like this:

Thank you in advance!

The actual grill is specific to the RS so you’ll need to wait for a second hand one if you want to save some money.

The grill surround is the same as all the other A4 Sline. Just make sure you are buying an SLine grill trim and it will fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers for that info, i didnt know the surround was the same as a s line, someone sanded mine to wrap it, an lost the sharpness of the grill edges.
Current-saloon rs4,Full decat Xpipe miltek,cold air feed,BMC air filter, TTS supercharged, MRC stage 3 L/C F/S,hell s+s brake lines,AP racing rotors + vagbremtechnic bells, kw v3s clifford 650mk2

Gone-audi s3 8p stage2+ with loba lo400 turbo.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”