Replacement Straight Arms

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
bennn
1st Gear

Replacement Straight Arms

Post by bennn » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:11 pm

Hi guys.

My RS has been in for a VHC and the master tech has noted that I need new straight arms either side.

Speaking to the chap who booked it in it is the lower arms at fault.

Does this sound right and where is best to buy these from?

Also need rear hoses as these have slight cracking so again wanted to know if there is a dealer alternative.

The handling hasn't been right and there has been a rumbling from it since I've had it so im looking forward to getting it sorted and enjoying driving it a bit more!

Cheers

Ben

mikep99
4th Gear

Re: Replacement Straight Arms

Post by mikep99 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:35 pm

Hi Ben,

If by VHC you mean Audi health check, I wouldnt take much notice until you get a second opinion.
I had 2 separate health checks, 6 months between them, and my tyre tread depth had increased in that time.
Still on the same tyres.
Since then, I've taken them with a pinch of salt...

Theres a number of different front arm kits - Lemforder, Meyle etc... have a search on here as there's been a number of threads recently on the subject.

Mike

bennn
1st Gear

Post by bennn » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:17 pm

Cheers Mike

I got a mate who works there to book it in and he got a master tech to do it so im hoping he's right. I'll have a look myself tomorrow if I get time.

I only sent it in as I'm sure there is something wrong with the suspension as I've got a rumbling noise and it's all over the road when cornering quickly so the knackered ball joints would make sense. .

I know what you mean mate BMW used to try and get me to change my half worn tyres saying there were low!

Cheers

Ben

bennn
1st Gear

Post by bennn » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:58 pm

Jacked up and had a look at the weekend and they are pretty shagged. Covered the lot in plusgas so hopefully that will help with removal.

Ordered new arms from Jason at Allgerman parts should be here before the weekend so I can hopefully get them on Saturday.

I also enquired about the rear hoses but apparently these are dealer only at nearly £80 each!

Pistolpete2543
3rd Gear

Post by Pistolpete2543 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:01 pm

If you mean rear brake hoses, just get a set of HEL stainless braided lines, a full set of 4 is about £80.

bennn
1st Gear

Post by bennn » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:59 pm

Pistolpete2543 wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:01 pm
If you mean rear brake hoses, just get a set of HEL stainless braided lines, a full set of 4 is about £80.
Yes rears. Was hoping to keep the car standard but that's not a bad option!

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”