bennn
1st Gear

Re: A Year Into Ownership

Post by bennn » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:43 pm

Toady1 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:12 pm
tommchowat wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:38 pm
I have to say that the M3 was actually more fun to drive. On paper the RS4 is a better car in pretty much every way - its prettier, faster, more comfortable, more modern, makes a nicer noise... But I got more excited in the M3. I don't regret getting the RS4 in any way, it's slightly more 'grown up'. Only way you'll know is if you drive one!
I've driven and been in quite a few now, so do know what you mean. I think for the use it'd get (wife, small kids and a dog) the RS4 avant would be a much better choice and one I'd use a lot more, it'd certainly make using the Smax less of a requirement and make trips more fun! There lies the other predicament, I don't 'need' the extra space the RS4 has over the M3, as have another car for family stuff. I've just always loved the RS4's and still desire one! My M3 is one of the good ones though and becoming rare to find with mods, condition and low (70k) mileage.
Don't buy it if you don't need the space. The M3 is a better drive IMO.

However if it means you can get rid of the spaz wagon (or spend less time in it) then it's a sensible choice!

Toady1
3rd Gear

Re: A Year Into Ownership

Post by Toady1 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:46 pm

Ha ha spaz wagon, I couldn't get rid of that, it's worth its weight in gold!! But it would mean we'd spend less time in it! ;-)

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”