A lot to live up to in the cleaning stakes

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Bund
2nd Gear

A lot to live up to in the cleaning stakes

Post by Bund » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:54 am

I've never really been a fan of washing my own road cars, lack of patience being one and impending poor weather usually giving me the feeling that I'm wasting hours of my time so I usually find the best local washer and leave them to wash the cars.

Though when I bought the car off Daytonamart i felt i had to try harder as the car is such a good example, Martin and Sam have done an excellent job of keeping it mint.

I bought a Karacher K4 with patio and car cleaning kit, first I cleaned the patio and as that gave a feeling of satisfaction I went and bought some snow foam and tried it on the Mercs...... well i couldn't believe how much dirt the foam shifts!!! I didnt even have to use a mitt.

I nourished the leather as per Martins instructions last month and then by my standard went all out on cleaning the RS4 yesterday, I surprised myself and found myself cleaning the pedals!

Once the road dried i then put it into the garage and put it to bed. A few hours later i thought id see how far my 911 Turbo indoor cover would go and happy to report it seems that its not as tailored as they made out and fitted the estate rather nicely. :)

Its not that I'm not jelling with it but I have too many cars for the very limited driving i do on the roads, as i thought before buying it is too nice to put the dogs in and with a 4x4 turning up soon it will have even less to do. I drive one of my auto's around London, I have a couple of hundred miles journeys to do in the next few weeks and a race or two in Europe but then i'd like to see what the SEC is like as was built for such drives.

I may get the RS4 ceramic coated as its been a good few years since Sam had it done and then let it sleep till I find another car i want that does all of the jobs but keeps me excited.

Highly recommend the snow foam but I imagine i'm very late to the party on using this. :)
Attachments
IMG_5269.jpg
IMG_5270.jpg
IMG_5273.jpg
IMG_5275.jpg
IMG_5262.jpg
IMG_5261.jpg
IMG_5267.jpg
Merc 560 SEC
Merc E320 Sportline Cab
Toyota LJ70 LC

MikeFish
Cruising

Re: A lot to live up to in the cleaning stakes

Post by MikeFish » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:47 pm

Which snow foam was it?

Bund
2nd Gear

Post by Bund » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:10 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:47 pm
Which snow foam was it?
Autoglym I think.
Merc 560 SEC
Merc E320 Sportline Cab
Toyota LJ70 LC

daytonamart
5th Gear

Post by daytonamart » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:02 am

Looking great B,

I forgot how good this car comes up when clean, BTW cleaning the pedals is absolutely normal (I think)?

It's been few years but I was convinced the ceramic coating was still have an impact, topped up with Collinite 845 it kept a deep gloss to it.

We'll get you on detailingworld.com before you know it! Nice man cave too.

Mart.
Gone B8.5 A5 Sportback Black Edition Plus Floret Silver
Current C6 A6 Avant Silver TDi S line snotter
Gone B7 RS4 Sprint Blue Avant
Gone 8P A3 Sportback Reflex Silver
Gone 8V A3 Saloon Daytona Grey
Gone B7 A4 Reflex Silver
Gone B7 RS4 Daytona Grey Avant

MarksRS
1st Gear

Post by MarksRS » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:37 am

I’ve heard anything other than white sno foam can ultimately damage the bodywork as it gets into areas you can’t reach (e.g. down inside side doors). Not sure if that’s a myth?

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”