After Market RODs & Pistons

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
knight7660
Neutral

After Market RODs & Pistons

Post by knight7660 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:12 pm

Hi all does anyone know if there is a supplier for Rod's and Pistons. I told myself im going to leave the RS4 standard but that all went out the window when the DRC piled in on me :boohoo:

So when the timing chain gets done il be popping the heads off for some work and while they are gone i may as well if i can get them throw some rods, pistons and some new bearings in because it will be off the road for the next winter.

Matty
1st Gear

Re: After Market RODs & Pistons

Post by Matty » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:06 pm

Jesus... that’s a proper rebuild. Any particular reason for this work :rocker:
2007 Black RS4 Avant | Black Optics | Pioneer AVIC-F20BT Navigation AV System | Full Interior / Exterior LED Kit (Trups) | 19" Team Dynamics Le Mans Gloss Anthracite Alloys | 12mm Bimecc Hubcentric Spacers all round

m2motortechnik
1st Gear

Post by m2motortechnik » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:44 pm

knight7660 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:12 pm
Hi all does anyone know if there is a supplier for Rod's and Pistons. I told myself im going to leave the RS4 standard but that all went out the window when the DRC piled in on me :boohoo:

So when the timing chain gets done il be popping the heads off for some work and while they are gone i may as well if i can get them throw some rods, pistons and some new bearings in because it will be off the road for the next winter.
check out Facebook m2motortechnik they have them

Bladerider
4th Gear

Post by Bladerider » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:19 am

m2motortechnik wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:44 pm
knight7660 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:12 pm

check out Facebook m2motortechnik they have them
He might not have patience to wait for your updates mario lol
07 RS4 Avus Avant : Usual spec with Buckets+FBSW+iPod dock+TV etc...100k+
Thanks to GBH Motorsport MRC Tuning VirdeeAuto Dubstep AwesomeGTI Wallachie Trups
H&R - Coilovers ARBs Spacers : 034 - RearArms Droplinks BilletMounts StrutTops : Eibach FrontArms : Powerflex Bushes
MRC - Stage2 Map+codeouts Stage2 Inlet+7mm gasket Stage2 deCarbon CAF : BMC Filter : Milltek Decats NonRes
Anthracite Alloys : Advan Neovas : Ferodo Pads+Castrol SRF : HEL Brakelines : Trups LED lighting

irn_bru_ce
2nd Gear

Post by irn_bru_ce » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:56 am

Thought the rs4 already used decent rods and forged pistons?

What direction you looking at going, more revs? Higher compression? Or low comp for forced induction?
Current - 07 Avus Silver B7 RS4 Avant : Ceramics, Non Valved Non Res Milltek, K&N filter, SS+, adaptive xenons, black optics, KW3, 034 rear ARB, rear drop links & front adjustable top arms.
Past - 00 Saxo VTS : 266mm Mi16 calipers, Quaife ATB, 20mm torsions bars, 24mm ARB, Vibratechnics mounts
87 Vauxhall Belmont: 1.6L, 15" rockford fosgate subwoofer in 3 cuft sealed box, 5ch Rockford fosate amp, JBL components

knight7660
Neutral

Post by knight7660 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:39 pm

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for getting back to me people. Idea is higher revs and to go turbo low boost with flex fuel option to run higher boost for trackways on E85.

knight7660
Neutral

Post by knight7660 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:43 pm

Matty wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:06 pm

It will be off the road for winter and while it is id like to do CAM Chains but it spiralled because while the chains are off i could pop the heads off and send them out for some port and polish work then i started thinking about dropping the sump off to check the bearings and replace if worn at all, then i just thought if pistons and rods are shelf items i could drop some in with a quick hone of the bores and ring gaps adjusted.

Bladerider
4th Gear

Post by Bladerider » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:11 am

WOW !!

You understand the complexity of what you just wrote for our engines right ??
07 RS4 Avus Avant : Usual spec with Buckets+FBSW+iPod dock+TV etc...100k+
Thanks to GBH Motorsport MRC Tuning VirdeeAuto Dubstep AwesomeGTI Wallachie Trups
H&R - Coilovers ARBs Spacers : 034 - RearArms Droplinks BilletMounts StrutTops : Eibach FrontArms : Powerflex Bushes
MRC - Stage2 Map+codeouts Stage2 Inlet+7mm gasket Stage2 deCarbon CAF : BMC Filter : Milltek Decats NonRes
Anthracite Alloys : Advan Neovas : Ferodo Pads+Castrol SRF : HEL Brakelines : Trups LED lighting

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:40 pm

knight7660 wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:43 pm
Matty wrote:

It will be off the road for winter and while it is id like to do CAM Chains but it spiralled because while the chains are off i could pop the heads off and send them out for some port and polish work then i started thinking about dropping the sump off to check the bearings and replace if worn at all, then i just thought if pistons and rods are shelf items i could drop some in with a quick hone of the bores and ring gaps adjusted.
This is crazy talk... and I'm your target market!
No matter where you go, there you are.

iconic78
3rd Gear

Post by iconic78 » Wed May 02, 2018 6:43 pm

Yes you can buy off the shelf rods and pistons for the BNS engine but you should also sleeve it. If not then roll the dice and get the pistons alusil coated or you’ll seize your engine.

Sleeves: - Darton (this is the expensive part)
Pistons: - Wossner, Mahle
Rods :- IE, Wossner etc

Why are you doing the cam chains?? Unless your car is super high miles and even then its pretty rare that they go wrong.

Only really have to deal with can chains on the S4’s due to crap plastic guides.

Also the cars fueling will be an issue as they are FSI. No good for turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knight7660
Neutral

Post by knight7660 » Sun May 13, 2018 1:58 pm

Im still sub 100K miles but if im changing all the internals and having the heads flowed then it would be silly not to replace the chain etc also with the upped rev limit i wouldn't want to trust the original chain.

knight7660
Neutral

Post by knight7660 » Sun May 13, 2018 2:00 pm

bam_bam wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:40 pm
knight7660 wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:43 pm
Matty wrote:

This is crazy talk... and I'm your target market!
The thing is when you have a standard lump with a twin turbo kit bolted on then put into a VW T5 transporter putting out 750BHP it just makes me think why waste my money on the supercharger kits which i hate

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun May 13, 2018 8:32 pm

You own the RST5? Well why didn't you say so. For a non-turbo'd engine there is no need for all this work hence all the questions. And in a normal RS4 engine bay there isn't any room for a twin turbo set-up without a lot of work hence why there is only one so far that I know of (Mario above). Of course, twin turbos work well if you have enough room for them like the R8 V8 or the T5.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”