DRC and Cat converter issues

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Fandango
Neutral

DRC and Cat converter issues

Post by Fandango » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:21 pm

:blackrs4: I'm relatively new to this car, even though, mine is an RS4 Avant B7 (the car i've always wanted) 95K on the clock - anyway my dilema...DRC shock PSF leaking?.. Pot hole i reckon just after the snow...! So was told by a few 'experts' change both on the front - so bought the shocks 2 x £260+VAT - then told by same 'experts' - i quote "no guarantee the two new fitted will not affect/put a strain on the back shocks and they are likely to go too"! Plus garage lined up for the work not in a position to re pressurise the system onsite ... so more money! So firstly need to know if this is folklore or correct info so I can make the right decision as also, put into the mix was removing the whole DRC system and fitting a mecanical over coil system (easier to maintain?? Worried here though whether that devalues the car as its then non standard..... Plus to put some icing on the cake the 'Cat Con light amber' came on yesterday - do i stop driving straight away and park up? As you can see i am not too mechanically minded around this car (trying to learn) so need some creditable info from people in the know. Help please! :evil:

rs user
4th Gear

Re: DRC and Cat converter issues

Post by rs user » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:26 pm

imho quality coilovers increases the value of all but the very lowest milage concours cars
should be changed in diagonal pairs if sorting drc,some of them have rusted out solid pipework too now
as for driving it should be ok but get it seen to asap....

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”