Anyone claimed on Audi 12 year warranty for blisters on arch?

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
electricfurnace
1st Gear

Anyone claimed on Audi 12 year warranty for blisters on arch?

Post by electricfurnace » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:55 pm

Front arch drivers side has some paint blistering which looks like its going to get worse.

Anyone successfully claimed on 12 year corrosion warranty? Any tips?

Covkiller
Top Gear

Re: Anyone claimed on Audi 12 year warranty for blisters on arch?

Post by Covkiller » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:30 pm

Go to Audi and get a quote from their body Shop. They may not do it for nothing but will give you a good will discount. They do go over your whole car with a paint depth gauge to check if you've had a respray. I had some work done on my car and my wife's Golf GTi Edition 30 and both times I received a generous discount.
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

grantc
Neutral

Post by grantc » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:42 pm

I took my MK5 Golf GTI that I had at the time to VW because the front arches were blistering which is a well known design fault. VW offered to sort both wings factoring in a goodwill discount. Problem was that the discounted price was so high I ended up taking it to a decent spray Shop and had the wings done at half of the discounted price.

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:24 pm

Had a small blister on the front of the bonnet. Took it to Audi. They had a guy come from the paint Shop with a paint depth gauge and was all over the car like a nasty rash.

Got some good will towards a resprayed bonnet.
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:55 pm

RS4 75% contribution £285 inc VAT total full roof respray and pillars as slight corrosion in NSR gutter
GTi 50% contribution £225 inc VAT total OS wing return to the bottom by the sill

Listers Cov did a 100% quality job and service at their bodyshop in Cheryslemore and gave us a Polo courtesy car too.
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

Jon_J
5th Gear

Post by Jon_J » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:16 pm

How much do they cover? Would they cover lacquer peeling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RS4 B7 Sprint Blue
- Titanium Pack
- Black Optics
- B16's
- RNSE2 with AMI
- Reverse Camera
- Full Stereo install

S5 8T Cab White
S4 B7 Phantom Black (gone but not forgotten)
A4 B7 Avant 2.7 TDI Brilliant Red
A5 Cab 3.0 TDI Phantom Black

electricfurnace
1st Gear

Post by electricfurnace » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:30 pm

Thing is if it were just a goodwill discount of say 50% i would just take it to my trusted bodyshop.

Why wouldnt audi cover the whole cost if its a 12 yr warranty?

electricfurnace
1st Gear

Post by electricfurnace » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:31 pm

Also would they honour a goodwill payment if other parts of the car have had paint, i had a bumper scuff done before but thats it

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:36 pm

Hi Jon, you'd have to take it down for a quote mate. I'd imagine they would as it is a paint defect.

neil_f
2nd Gear

Post by neil_f » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:55 pm

I have a similar issue on nearside front wing but presumed they would just say it's likely due to being stonechipped or something. Is the corrosion warranty not only cover if you can prove it's corroded from the inside out ?

Davidol
Neutral

Post by Davidol » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:38 pm

Don’t waste your time mate unless your friendly with the dealership, wouldn’t entertain mine even though it was clearly coming from underneath the folded seam on the front of the bonnet. Customer services were no more help

Daytona
3rd Gear

Post by Daytona » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:17 pm

Davidol wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:38 pm
Don’t waste your time mate unless your friendly with the dealership, wouldn’t entertain mine even though it was clearly coming from underneath the folded seam on the front of the bonnet. Customer services were no more help
I was just about to type the above!
It might be a defect and common but Audi wont want to know as they see it as edge and fold corrosion not through corrosion so not covered.
I was offered a 70% contribution which sounds a lot but when it’s common fault you think why should you pay the 30% especially when I know others got it done for free, besides 30% was getting on for four figures. Granted it was two new wings but it was overkill IMO plus they wanted to blow into the doors which would have meant two new middle door trims (normally get ruined when removing) plus two new door blades which were rotten, also common fault and not covered so well into four figures by this stage.

RS04YOB
4th Gear

Post by RS04YOB » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:37 pm

Daytona wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:17 pm
Davidol wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:38 pm
I was just about to type the above!
It might be a defect and common but Audi wont want to know as they see it as edge and fold corrosion not through corrosion so not covered.
I was offered a 70% contribution which sounds a lot but when it’s common fault you think why should you pay the 30% especially when I know others got it done for free, besides 30% was getting on for four figures. Granted it was two new wings but it was overkill IMO plus they wanted to blow into the doors which would have meant two new middle door trims (normally get ruined when removing) plus two new door blades which were rotten, also common fault and not covered so well into four figures by this stage.
Blow into the doors :shock:

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:05 am

There is no harm in trying. 70% good will may be better than a body Shop quote. It needs tp be compared, I for one was very pleased with the service, price and quality of the work and I am fastidious on quality and won't accept anything but perfect.

asifg
3rd Gear

Post by asifg » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:30 am

I got it sorted after complaining to Audi HQ and they did it as a goodwill gesture. However, I wish I hadn't bothered - they only sprayed the wing which was blistered. Admittedly I didn't think either, but the Audi bodyshop only told me afterwards that I should have the whole front sprayed. When it came back from Audi, one side looked new, whereas the bonnet and other wing looked stonechipoed and aged. The Audi bodyshop was useless in trying to sort afterwards. In the end I gave up and went to another bodyshop and got the whole front done at my own cost

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”