TPMS Sensors...

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Lukai
Neutral

TPMS Sensors...

Post by Lukai » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:39 pm

Hello,

A dash warning light came on this morning, the amber icon of a flat tyre with a line through it. Am I right in thinking this is to notify me that there is a fault with the TPMS system?

Does anyone know of a good (cheap) place to get OEM or decent not OEM replacements? I've had a quick look on eBay, but unsure if they are the correct ones / or any good.

Cheers,
Luke

BillTheButcher
4th Gear

Re: TPMS Sensors...

Post by BillTheButcher » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:41 am

I had two of mine refitted (they fell out just after I bought the car) but they fell out again a couple of weeks later. I've now taken them all out, had standard rubber valves fitted and the TPMS is being coded out tomorrow (to get rid of the icon you mentioned). More trouble than they're worth IMO.

rs user
4th Gear

Post by rs user » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:54 am

i am in agreement too,its not an essential function-great for warning of a slow puncture or a deflating tyre on the move but with age its proving a little unreliable.

Lukai
Neutral

Post by Lukai » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:54 am

Thanks for the replies, I have toyed with the idea of just turning them off. But it is a handy function if easily fixed - I'm thinking that one of the batteries have gone so hopefully just fitting new sensors to each wheel should fix it?

Has anybody had an experience with these or anything similar from eBay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-RS4-TPMS ... SwT4tZr--P

Cheers

rs user
4th Gear

Post by rs user » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:50 pm

before buying check it is a sensor and not another component in the system
you really need to get it on a diagnostic tbh

Lukai
Neutral

Post by Lukai » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:55 pm

arthur.d wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:50 pm
before buying check it is a sensor and not another component in the system
you really need to get it on a diagnostic tbh
Yeah thats the plan. Its going in for a service in a couple of weeks, so I'm going to get them to plug it into the diagnostics then. Just trying to do my homework so I've got a plan of attack when they tell me whats wrong with the system.

MB2
Top Gear

Post by MB2 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:08 pm

Yes check the diagnostics first as on mine the antenna had failed - you don't get the specific error but all 4 sensors were telling me silly reasons so I replaced the antenna and all worked OK. The sensor is behind the bumper grille and is an easy replacement.

When I replaced the sensors I bought them from eBay - this seller and they were spot on.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-NEW-A ... XQPatTKa~F

mcox42
Neutral

Post by mcox42 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:06 pm

Had the same problem with mine. Audi Stealer wanted £130 per sensor and I couldn't figure out which wheel it was, so bought these

https://www.ukpartsdirect.com/tpms-prod ... ensor.html

for £134 for all 4. Had a local tyre place fit them for £40 plus rebalance of each wheel. No coding required, just turned off and on the function to save tyre pressures in the dash menu and all was happy again.

Cheers

Martin

Lukai
Neutral

Post by Lukai » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:02 pm

So just got my car back from the garage, turns out its the antenna behind the rear bumper that is at fault.

I've been reading mixed messages about this, do you have to remove the rear bumper - or can you get access to it if you just remove the honeycomb grill?

Also anyone know the best place to get a replacement from, or am I due a trip down to the Stealers?

Cheers,
Luke

MB2
Top Gear

Post by MB2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:32 am

Just pop the honey comb grille out at the back. There is a little stainless bit that pings out that it is pretty hard to see a use for - I did put it back but I almost didn't bother. It really is a 5 minute job as the antenna is right there and is very simple to switch over (just unplugs + a rubber holder to put it in).

Mine looked OK but when I took it apart was water inside and corrosion.

Once it is replaced start the car and I am pretty sure the error clears straight away. When I did mine I hadn't driven the car for a couple of hours, so took it up the road to wake the sensors and tried a wheel change instead of store pressures and the error cleared. So if it doesn't clear & can't store pressures try a wheel change.

I bought mine from the dealers was about 70 I think from memory.

Chinny
2nd Gear

Post by Chinny » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:41 pm

MB2 wrote:Just pop the honey comb grille out at the back. There is a little stainless bit that pings out that it is pretty hard to see a use for - I did put it back but I almost didn't bother. It really is a 5 minute job as the antenna is right there and is very simple to switch over (just unplugs + a rubber holder to put it in).

Mine looked OK but when I took it apart was water inside and corrosion.

Once it is replaced start the car and I am pretty sure the error clears straight away. When I did mine I hadn't driven the car for a couple of hours, so took it up the road to wake the sensors and tried a wheel change instead of store pressures and the error cleared. So if it doesn't clear & can't store pressures try a wheel change.

I bought mine from the dealers was about 70 I think from memory.

I'm having the same issue with my car at the mo. Is there a way to check the antenna to see if it's faulty??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RS4JAY
1st Gear

Post by RS4JAY » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:03 am

This has just happened to mine also.
Current Toys -

B7 Audi RS4 Avant - Phantom Black
E92 DCT M3 LE500 - Imola Red
Navara NP300 Tekna
E36 BMW M3 Evo track Car - Cosmos Black

Mat20vt
2nd Gear

Post by Mat20vt » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:14 am

Mine now beeps when I start
Up and yellow tpms lights up on dash.
All my pressures are fine so something's at fault..
Previously big turbo'd mk4 golf, big turbo'd Audi A3 Quattro
Currently remapped vw caddy
& 2009 rs4 saloon, TTS supercharged, mrc mapped, miltek catback, kwv3, h&r arbs, gutted precats, ceramic brakes 610bhp 👍

Chinny
2nd Gear

Post by Chinny » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:45 pm

Found this site and ordered 4 new tpms https://carxtras.com/ £78.90. Will let you know if that's fixed the issue once I get them fitted

Chinny
2nd Gear

Post by Chinny » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:40 pm

These arrived today Image

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”