should i Keep my RS4

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Dangermoose
Neutral

should i Keep my RS4

Post by Dangermoose » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:08 pm

All
I have a red 2006 RS4. I bought it brand new so it has only one owner. It has done 79,000 miles and has full Audi history (never been anywhere else).
I am getting a company car soon. The question is should I sell the RS4 or keep it for 10/15/20 years hoping it will appreciate in value.
Anyone any thoughts on this?
Thanks

RS4B8LYF
3rd Gear

Re: should i Keep my RS4

Post by RS4B8LYF » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:11 pm

I will appreciate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:kissmyrings:

RS4B8LYF
3rd Gear

Post by RS4B8LYF » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:11 pm

It*

:kissmyrings:

Dangermoose
Neutral

Post by Dangermoose » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:18 pm

what makes you say this RS4B8LYF? Just a hunch?

Jon_J
5th Gear

Post by Jon_J » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:26 pm

Because of what it is. Last of the N/A's, last of the manuals, the icon or RS4's. it's a no brainer.

RS4 B7 Sprint Blue
- Titanium Pack
- Black Optics
- B16's
- RNSE2 with AMI
- Reverse Camera
- Full Stereo install

S5 8T Cab White
S4 B7 Phantom Black (gone but not forgotten)
A4 B7 Avant 2.7 TDI Brilliant Red
A5 Cab 3.0 TDI Phantom Black

Dangermoose
Neutral

Post by Dangermoose » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:38 pm

so Jon_J I should spend a bit get it fully cleaned up and professionally looked after for 10+ years?

daytonamart
5th Gear

Post by daytonamart » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:41 pm

^^^^^ yes, do this.^^^^^^^^

Good B5's are over 20k now, just bear in mind there we're more B7's and there is lot of dross out there.
Gone B8.5 A5 Sportback Black Edition Plus Floret Silver
Current C6 A6 Avant Silver TDi S line snotter
Gone B7 RS4 Sprint Blue Avant
Gone 8P A3 Sportback Reflex Silver
Gone 8V A3 Saloon Daytona Grey
Gone B7 A4 Reflex Silver
Gone B7 RS4 Daytona Grey Avant

Dangermoose
Neutral

Post by Dangermoose » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:52 pm

thanks daytonamart..... what counts as "dross"?
Mine is unmodified, un-crashed, nothing major ever gone wrong with it.... alright could do with a spruce-up and some alloy repairs but still looks and drives as good as new
My worry is that I spend a few thousand getting it sorted, a few more thousand keeping it 'safe and well' for 10+ years and then selling it for £2.50 more than its worth today!

Jon_J
5th Gear

Post by Jon_J » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:13 pm

Dangermoose wrote:so Jon_J I should spend a bit get it fully cleaned up and professionally looked after for 10+ years?
IMO definitely

RS4 B7 Sprint Blue
- Titanium Pack
- Black Optics
- B16's
- RNSE2 with AMI
- Reverse Camera
- Full Stereo install

S5 8T Cab White

wantars4
Neutral

Post by wantars4 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:11 pm

I think yours has a bit too many miles on it for it to be a collectors item.....in addition it's in red.....

Also, you seriously want to keep it and maintain it for 10-15 years in the hope that it might make you an extra 5000 pounds on what it could get you now?

That equates to 500 pound gain per year, provided it isn't eroded away by maintenance/insurance/storage costs......

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:25 pm

Unfortunately it's not the kind of car that's gonna bring a fortune in the future! Regardless of the mods condition etc. It's a drivers car!! If you don't enjoy driving it, sell it. Let someone else enjoy it! No point storing it for years to come to only gain few £k
I guarantee you will spend more In Maintenance over the years than any future appreciation..
also! I call rule 1

ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

Jon_J
5th Gear

Post by Jon_J » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:44 pm

pule333 wrote:Unfortunately it's not the kind of car that's gonna bring a fortune in the future! Regardless of the mods condition etc. It's a drivers car!! If you don't enjoy driving it, sell it. Let someone else enjoy it! No point storing it for years to come to only gain few £k
I guarantee you will spend more In Maintenance over the years than any future appreciation..
also! I call rule 1

Be interesting to see what the future holds, I wonder if all the early (and not so early now) 911 owners thought when they were churning out Porches like they were going out of fashion. Some of them are eye watering money now. TVR is another one that amazes me.

RS4 B7 Sprint Blue
- Titanium Pack
- Black Optics
- B16's
- RNSE2 with AMI
- Reverse Camera
- Full Stereo install

S5 8T Cab White

Jon_J
5th Gear

Post by Jon_J » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:44 pm

pule333 wrote:Unfortunately it's not the kind of car that's gonna bring a fortune in the future! Regardless of the mods condition etc. It's a drivers car!! If you don't enjoy driving it, sell it. Let someone else enjoy it! No point storing it for years to come to only gain few £k
also! I call rule 1

Be interesting to see what the future holds, I wonder if all the early (and not so early now) 911 owners thought when they were churning out Porches like they were going out of fashion. Some of them are eye watering money now. TVR is another one that amazes me.

RS4 B7 Sprint Blue
- Titanium Pack
- Black Optics
- B16's
- RNSE2 with AMI
- Reverse Camera
- Full Stereo install

S5 8T Cab White

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:51 pm

Jon_J wrote:
also! I call rule 1

I know I am keeping mine forever:) will see what the future brings but With all new laws and bans on the horizon don't think I can find anything better

ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

Jon_J
5th Gear

Post by Jon_J » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:10 pm

pule333 wrote:
Jon_J wrote:
also! I call rule 1

I know I am keeping mine forever:) will see what the future brings but With all new laws and bans on the horizon don't think I can find anything better

His is very true. God damn do gooders!

RS4 B7 Sprint Blue
- Titanium Pack
- Black Optics
- B16's
- RNSE2 with AMI
- Reverse Camera
- Full Stereo install

S5 8T Cab White

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”