Audi Offering Carbon Clean

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
bob911m3
Neutral

Re: Audi Offering Carbon Clean

Post by bob911m3 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:30 pm

I Got a 57 reg with 44500 miles on clock one owner from new.FSH by Audi Watford.Will it need a Carbon Clean? If so does anyone recommend any places i am based in Watford Herts.I see MRC mentioned a lot,What sort of cost would it be?

12th
3rd Gear

Post by 12th » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:18 am

It'll depend upon how it's been driven and what fuel used, so unfortunately mileage doesn't help. You're looking at about £600 for a clean at MRC - just used them and very happy with service.
Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Saloon with MRC tweakery.

rs4pat
2nd Gear

Post by rs4pat » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:38 pm

12th wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:49 am
rs4pat wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:35 am
mines not long back from mrc as i couldn't fined anyone over here to do it
Hi - a newcomer here.

Mine's had the walnut treatment and it very much helped, but I'm not sure it doesn't need a full-on chemical clean. I have some questions, if you (or anyone else) can help:

1) What symptoms did you get, and
2) Did it cure them?

Mine is lumpy and hesitant when it's stone cold. This goes away quickly as it warms, but always returns. No warning lights, and engine is still peachy when warmed. Oh, and it has a DMS remap and has done 80k over the eleven years I've had it - always use V-Power, car is revved properly, don't cane it until thoroughly warmed up etc.

Local Audi isn't much use, this was all done by an indy. They also ran a compression test and said that 7 of the 8 are low. Suggested that this could be carbon build-up, could be injectors or it might need a rebuild. I am budgeting for the worst, but it still feels so good when warm that I struggle with the notion that there's anything major wrong with it.

So, clean first, then consider what to do afterwards - though compression-testing again would seem wise, I think.

Any words of wisdom are genuinely appreciated!

Simon

:nogarors4:
there was no symptoms car had 90k and never had one and i was getting it to stage 2 at mrc so thought what the hell

Neilb76
2nd Gear

Post by Neilb76 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:11 pm

lushman wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:04 pm
Audi charged me £210 for the carbon clean and £47 for gaskets and a clip.
I am very pleased with work. I did get other work completed under warranty which included a air intake valve. As this was faulty it is hard to know how much of a difference the clean made but the car is definitely smoother at lower speeds.
Money well spent in my opinion

Bloody hell that is good. Mine was done with MRC 20k miles ago so i will be calling audi monday and seeing what there price is.

For that price i might as well get mine done again. Knowing it is kept in tip top condition
Stage 2 mrc, Pre cats removed, Milltek Resonated, Bilstein B14 Coilovers, MRC De carbon, Deflapped MRC, RR 434BHP, Pandora alarm system, 8mm Rear spacers
Cold air feed, Refurbed caliper colour change, Carbon piller, Carbon dash ends

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”