Head light flicker

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
MikeFish
Cruising

Re: Head light flicker

Post by MikeFish » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:08 pm

Rick split his and painted them.
If you want more info about this then look for the guide on how to detango the indicators as the process will involve splitting the lights. I think there is a guide in the stick thread how to but also been some other threads about detangoing too.

Tom123
Neutral

Post by Tom123 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:11 pm

Hi, I’m new to forums, so not sure if I’m doing this right.

I’ve been having the same flickering headlight problem with my N/S headlight,until it stopped working (kept putting it off as it’s a fiddly job taking the bumper off) I’ve now changed the N/S and O/S bulbs as the bumper was off anyway and the bulbs come in pairs, I thought it was stupid not to. Changing the bulbs hasn’t made a difference and the full beam still doesn’t work on the near side. I noticed that there wasn’t a loud click/knock coming from the N/S headlight when I tried to turn the full beam on, so had to be a new head light control unit. Bought a second hand unit from ebay and still doesn’t work 🙄. Swapped the headlights over and the problem moves to the other side with the headlight making me think it’s a dodgy control unit. Does anyone know if there is anything else in the head light that could be causing this before I contact the seller?

Thanks for any replies

JamesBaby
3rd Gear

Post by JamesBaby » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:05 pm

Holy thread revival Batman ! :)

If the problem moves with the ballast then it is the ballast. So yes, its faulty.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”