Rear brake disc options

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
andyg72
4th Gear

Re: Rear brake disc options

Post by andyg72 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:54 pm

Oakesy wrote:Just arrived today. Initial impressions is that they are great quality. Hopefully get them fitted before the weekend and see how they perform.

Oh theses look nice

I've used tarrox before fantastic discs think I'll go with theses when I'm due as said look well with ceramic up front :)

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:56 pm

You can mod the R8 rear ceramics to fit I believe. A member here had a lot made up.

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:08 pm

They do look nice!
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

Oakesy
Neutral

Post by Oakesy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:30 pm

I managed to get around to putting them on today, look great and a much needed replacement for the standard discs which have seen better days.
Still to see how they perform with the Brembo pads.

Gave the rear wheels a quick clean and sealed with Poor boys Wheel Sealant. ( didn't have time to do the fronts)

Now to take it out for a run.
Daytona B7 RS4 Avant
SS+, MRC Stage 2, Valved Non-Res Miltek, Ceramics

Possibly up for sale soon

andyg72
4th Gear

Post by andyg72 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:50 pm

marc1 wrote:You can mod the R8 rear ceramics to fit I believe. A member here had a lot made up.

I'd live to but I fear the cost :/

andyg72
4th Gear

Post by andyg72 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:52 pm

Oakesy wrote:I managed to get around to putting them on today, look great and a much needed replacement for the standard discs which have seen better days.

Gave the rear wheels a quick clean and sealed with Poor boys Wheel Sealant. ( didn't have time to do the fronts)

Great work looks loads better

rs4pat
2nd Gear

Post by rs4pat » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:07 pm

Oakesy wrote:I managed to get around to putting them on today, look great and a much needed replacement for the standard discs which have seen better days.

they look good how much did they cost? car looks good best colour too then i would say that

Oakesy
Neutral

Post by Oakesy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:35 pm

They work out at £688.80 delivered or something like that from Tarox UK. Somewhere else was doing them with free delivery but decided to go direct, can't think where it was now.
Cheers, Daytona looks great, especially when it's clean. She will get a wax at the weekend before I go to work.
Daytona B7 RS4 Avant

E36graduate
Neutral

Post by E36graduate » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:55 am

I've had JHM 2 piece rear rotors for about 60K miles and they still are holding up well. I just replaced my JHM 380mm front rotors with the same parts.....they lasted a long time and work well. Then again I have the original clutch on my RS4 at 115K miles so you can tell how I drive.

Oakesy
Neutral

Post by Oakesy » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:00 am

I did consider the JHM option. All work out pretty much the same price after you consider VAT and import duty on the JHM ones.
I thought the Tarox discs matched nicely with the ceramic fronts so went with that option.
Daytona B7 RS4 Avant

ixi_ixi
1st Gear

Post by ixi_ixi » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:52 am

Looks great, are the Tarox zinc plated? Wonder are they lighter than OEM discs?

My rear discs would be due for replacement soon. My fronts are AP OEM replacement discs, which are drilled and not zinc plated. Unfortunately AP is not making a rear OEM replacement disc. It is not easy to find a matching rear disc which are cross drilled and non-zinc plated.
B7 RS4 Cabriolet
Ported and deflap manifold, carbon fibre intake, piggies, MRC remap and heaps of preventive maintenance works lol

norman1979
2nd Gear

Post by norman1979 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:04 am

Ranger Rico wrote:I just got the rs4 mot'd and the rear brakes were a corrosion advisory, i just removed both today, cleaned them up and refitted them. Pads still have plenty of life and the discs are at 21mm.
I took her for a spirited drive and then had a look, rear discs have barely been rubbed, front discs are like mirrors as youd expect.
I know the fronts do most of the work but i feel the rears are doing next to nothing, any advice? Can i change the bias?

I could be wrong but at 21mm those are pretty much shot. You cant re-skim them. They are 23mm new IIRC

Ranger Rico
2nd Gear

Post by Ranger Rico » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:49 pm

Yeah i agree they need replaced, might follow oakesy with the tarox discs.

Oakesy
Neutral

Post by Oakesy » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:18 pm

ixi_ixi wrote:Looks great, are the Tarox zinc plated? Wonder are they lighter than OEM discs?

My rear discs would be due for replacement soon. My fronts are AP OEM replacement discs, which are drilled and not zinc plated. Unfortunately AP is not making a rear OEM replacement disc. It is not easy to find a matching rear disc which are cross drilled and non-zinc plated.
I don't think they are zinc plated. I'm not sure on the weight either but they certainly felt lighter compared to the Oem discs.
Daytona B7 RS4 Avant

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:59 am

Do the new bells leave the car with the same offset for the wheel?
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”