Koni shock absorbers

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Shockerboy
2nd Gear

Re: Koni shock absorbers

Post by Shockerboy » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:09 pm

We have fitted hundreds of the KONI kits to RS 4 with tremendous success , No one has ever commented that they are stiffer and according the to the specs on the shocks they are not stiffer ,. Is it possible you were comparing to a car with failing DRC as this would explain it >?

The Orange shocks are simply not good enough for the RS4 the damping characteristics are completely wrong ( particularly in front ) The RS4 CRS kit is a little more but designed for the RS4 and results are brilliant Guaranteed /

jangol
4th Gear

Post by jangol » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:41 pm

Shockerboy wrote:We have fitted hundreds of the KONI kits to RS 4 with tremendous success , No one has ever commented that they are stiffer and according the to the specs on the shocks they are not stiffer ,. Is it possible you were comparing to a car with failing DRC as this would explain it >?

The Orange shocks are simply not good enough for the RS4 the damping characteristics are completely wrong ( particularly in front ) The RS4 CRS kit is a little more but designed for the RS4 and results are brilliant Guaranteed /
Can’t seem to find part numbers for these shocks... any idea guys??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coffey555
5th Gear

Post by coffey555 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:39 am

I don't think it is a stock part. The shocks are adjusted by the suspension tuner for RS4 application.
Misano Red RS4 B7 Avant

jangol
4th Gear

Koni shock absorbers

Post by jangol » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:40 am

coffey555 wrote:I don't think it is a stock part. The shocks are adjusted by the suspension tuner for RS4 application.
Thanks for clarifying , In that case shockerboy, any updates on how I can purchase from you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rs user
4th Gear

Post by rs user » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:40 pm

it is a stock part for a4/s4 quattro
shockerboy is selling you his idea of what is the correct settings[as well as the shocks of course]

Shockerboy
2nd Gear

Post by Shockerboy » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:54 pm

The shocks used in an A 4 must never be used in an RS 4 , completely wrong impression you are sending out there
rs user , hope you have a good third party insurance policy

You can contact me on 07469785932 jangol to organise

rs user
4th Gear

Post by rs user » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:49 pm

err i am not selling anything ,nor advocating a4 shocks,although physically they will fit,indeed anything intended for the bigger engined varients of the a4 quattro range will fit-its up to the end user i suppose-when i bought mine years ago it had a sub £200 jom kit and was actually ok[ish] but i removed and fitted b14

will your koni shock kit fit with the standard rs4 b7 springs or are they designed for the h@r lowered spring kit?

se4njb7
Neutral

Post by se4njb7 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:46 pm

rs user wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:49 pm
err i am not selling anything ,nor advocating a4 shocks,although physically they will fit,indeed anything intended for the bigger engined varients of the a4 quattro range will fit-its up to the end user i suppose-when i bought mine years ago it had a sub £200 jom kit and was actually ok[ish] but i removed and fitted b14

will your koni shock kit fit with the standard rs4 b7 springs or are they designed for the h@r lowered spring kit?
I fitted h&r lowering springs with my konis and they felt way better than the KW V3’s I had on mine (I adjusted everything I could to make the V3’s feel acceptable) The lowering springs were a bit too low for me so managed to get some ss+ springs and fitted them. Feels great now. Soaks up the bumps on the roads and corners very well. It’s the only way to go in my opinion in Scotland 😂

rs user
4th Gear

Post by rs user » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:40 pm

yes scottish roads at their best are erm challenged lol

Jbm003
Neutral

Post by Jbm003 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:05 pm

Got the KONI setup on my car , replaced the DRC when it failed and It was exactly what I was after - keep the same ride comfort and ride height as the original
Been fitted for a year now and it drives great , great road manners , not at all crashy , maybe slightly more body roll than DRC ,
The only thing I cannot figure out is it sits low at the rear, wheel arch covers the top of the tyre , has the original Audi springs and they are in great condition .....
Springs dictate the ride height surely , not the shock , but it’s 100% noticeably lower At the rear with the Konis fitted And I cannot figure it out

coffey555
5th Gear

Post by coffey555 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:27 pm

Jbm003 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:05 pm
Got the KONI setup on my car , replaced the DRC when it failed and It was exactly what I was after - keep the same ride comfort and ride height as the original
Been fitted for a year now and it drives great , great road manners , not at all crashy , maybe slightly more body roll than DRC ,
The only thing I cannot figure out is it sits low at the rear, wheel arch covers the top of the tyre , has the original Audi springs and they are in great condition .....
Springs dictate the ride height surely , not the shock , but it’s 100% noticeably lower At the rear with the Konis fitted And I cannot figure it out
Rubber spring seats at the rear can perish so that can cause the ride height to drop. Also, springs become weaker over time even if they look to be in good condition. If they are 14 years old they will be sagging for sure.

I remember one guy on here swapped from SS to SS+ but only swapped the springs (kept the original SS dampers). It always sat like it was on still on SS springs! The ride quality was also very firm.

Springs will dictate the cars ride height but when dealing with a pressurised DRC system, if the system is left with too much pressure in it, I suspect the car would sit higher in its travel.

I would stick new OEM springs on it if it still on the original ones.
Misano Red RS4 B7 Avant

neil_f
2nd Gear

Post by neil_f » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:33 pm

se4njb7 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:46 pm
rs user wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:49 pm

I fitted h&r lowering springs with my konis and they felt way better than the KW V3’s I had on mine (I adjusted everything I could to make the V3’s feel acceptable) The lowering springs were a bit too low for me so managed to get some ss+ springs and fitted them. Feels great now. Soaks up the bumps on the roads and corners very well. It’s the only way to go in my opinion in Scotland 😂
I've got them fitted with standard springs and find them great for the Scottish roads as well. Keep swithering whether to lower it or not. How was the ride quality with the h&r springs compared to the oe ones ?

Miniboy
Neutral

Post by Miniboy » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:27 pm

Hi Neil, where did you get your shocks fitted?
My Drc system has just failed, and I’m thinking of replacing with the koni shocks. I’m struggling to find a garage in Glasgow who will fit them though!

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”