Dashcams...

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Lady Penelope
2nd Gear

Re: Dashcams...

Post by Lady Penelope » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:07 pm

If you are still looking for a dash cam have a quick read of this, the Sunday Times driving review of them from late last year...

http://www.driving.co.uk/car-clinic/buy ... -reviewed/

I did and then bought their 2015 best buy, the Nextbase 402-G which you can get as a Grade A (unused returns) for £80 on EBay.

I am really impressed with it.

Hope that helps.
RS4 B7 2007 Cabriolet Misano Red
Revolution carbon air intake, KW adjustable springs, Da Vinci 20" summer rims, OEM 19" winter chrome and black rims, Audi Ceramic front brakes, Milltek cat back non resonated valved exhaust, US spec black front grill, MRC stage 2, Piano black interior + cream leather buckets. EM Tuning dragon eyes and xenon upgrade, TTRS FBMF steering wheel, TV, Reversing camera, Nav, Red leather fitted luggage.

Frostie
3rd Gear

Post by Frostie » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:13 pm

I have just fitted the Blackvue DR650 front and rear camera system too... great quality, and loads of features. you can even watch it over your phone with the Blackvue cloud app. keeps a watch on your car whilst you are away too. Motion activated. Only downside is the front camera is rather large, and there is no way of mounting it in front of the mirror without it being really obvious. rear camera is really nice and discreet... the only place i could really hide the front one away was to the right of my mirror in front of the drivers sun visor.
2007 black RS4 saloon. Bilstein Coilovers, MRC Re-map, Miltek non resonated valved exhaust with de-cats, Gruppe-M carbon induction, JHM manifold spacers, Stage 2 manifold, cold air feed.

Wotsirb
2nd Gear

Post by Wotsirb » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:06 pm

Probably just go for the Road Angel front and rear cam. Looks good and records movement near the car too when parked!
Toy: '07 B7 RS4 Avant Sprint Blue
Daily: 06 B7 2.0T Special Edition Avant

Previous: '09 B8 2.0T Quattro S line Avant

- OEM Defined - Instagram: @OEMDefined - Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OemDefined/ -

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:07 am

My rear camera came in handy for the owner of the blue A4...

http://youtu.be/wl2-jgomu2o

Grainy, but it was very very dark so I think the camera did well to get the no. plate
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

RossDagley
Top Gear

Post by RossDagley » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:35 am

I've had blackvue for years and rave about them.

My wife, having had another minor accident in her car a few months ago, had a crappy eBay £60 camera for years. This accident was the incentive for me to change hers too - the resolution might be HD etc but at night the quality is terrible and it's so basic it's unreal. I'm much more comfortable hiving fitted a blackvue dr600 in there.

I run a dr650 front and rear with a power magic and it's just awesome. Night quality is one of the best on the market, and the software and support that comes with the camera for the PC/Mac is epic.

Get one and don't look elsewhere :)
Believe only the man who has nothing to gain from what he says.

2017 BMW M4 Competition Pack - Mineral Grey - 530ps by bootmod3, JCWeldfab exhaust.
Previously:
Renault Megane R26 - Liquid Yellow - 275ps.
2015 Audi Exclusive RS4 B8 - Merlin Purple - JCWF Exhaust
2009 Audi RS6 C6 - Phantom Black - 730ps MRC Tuned
2008 Audi RS4 B7 - Phantom Black - 449ps MRC Tuned
2002 Peugeot 106 Gti - Mauritius blue - 430ps Home built.

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:50 pm

FaisalJ wrote:My rear camera came in handy for the owner of the blue A4...

Grainy, but it was very very dark so I think the camera did well to get the no. plate
Good for you mate! This is what dash cams are for! :beerchug:

I hope the owner gets done by the police for leaving the scene! :bash:
B5 B6 B7 B9

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:20 pm

Ian_C wrote:
FaisalJ wrote:My rear camera came in handy for the owner of the blue A4...

Good for you mate! This is what dash cams are for! :beerchug:

I hope the owner gets done by the police for leaving the scene! :bash:
Apparently the police weren't interested, but the insurance companies were.

The Audi is in the Bodyshop, repairs have been given the go ahead by insurers, and the owner is driving round in an s-class merc courtesy car!
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Stu3y
Neutral

Post by Stu3y » Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:43 pm

Hi Guys,

Just fitted a next base camera to my Rs4.

Sadly it seems to kill the DAB signal. I have tried re routing the power cable so it's on the opposite side to my dab aerial.

Power runs offside a pillar. Dab nearside a pillarto top left of windscreen.

Camera is next the rear view mirror.

I have tried multiple ferrite cores and without success. The second the camera is plugged in dab gets no signal.

Run it off battery and its fine.

The camera is hard wired to the fuse box using piggy back fuse and 12 to 5v converter off ebay.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

js47
Neutral

Post by js47 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:00 pm

Stu3y wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:43 pm
Sadly it seems to kill the DAB signal.
Sorry to hijack this thread but how did you get DAB into your B7? Would love to do that mod.
2007 RS4 Avant in "Cherry Black Pearl" with Carbon Ceramic brakes. MRC Stage 2.

Stu3y
Neutral

Post by Stu3y » Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:29 am

Fitted with an Aftermarket head unit.

Pioneer Avh z9200dab

Stu3y
Neutral

Post by Stu3y » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:02 am

Now seem to have sorted this. I ordered a different hard wire kit from Amazon.

This seemed to work without killing the signal, although there was still a little interference that sounded like the wind blowing.

Added a few ferrite cores and seems OK now.

This was the kit I bought
eSynic Dash Cam Hardwire Kit... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B085Q7ST8J? ... b_ap_share

Hope it helps someone

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”