Sad day

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
lozza2702
Neutral

Re: Sad day

Post by lozza2702 » Thu May 04, 2023 3:41 pm

Thats a tough one. There doesn't seem to be too much damage, but the parts can be VERY expensive. RS parts are expensive enough, but the Cabs appear to have some specific RS parts that are even more expensive. I've just replaced the main rad on my RS4 Cab and that was £550. The RS aircon rad is also specific and very expensive, but you can use a cheaper pattern part with a bit of modification.
Personally, I'd buy it back and repair it, but it all depends on how confident you are in doing most of the mechanical work and what you do with it when fixed. If you're looking to sell it when fixed, it may not be cost effective as Cabs don't hold their value (compared to saloon or avant) and it will also be a categorised car which will make it less desirable.

icyrs4
Neutral

Post by icyrs4 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:16 am

Are you interested in selling the bumper?

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:25 am

Personally I would buy it back and break it. There’s quite a bit of money in the parts.
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”