S6 AAN Intake hose anti-collapse rings

2.2 I5 20v turbo - 230bhp
4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 326bhp
smogthemog
Neutral

S6 AAN Intake hose anti-collapse rings

Post by smogthemog » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:11 pm

I have recently fitted anti-collapse rings to my 97 S6 AAN MAF to Turbo intake hose and just wanted to share with you the circumference sizes of the pieces of stainless steel wire needed.

The sizes, from top to bottom are:
1) 262.67mm
2) 251.36mm
3) 243.50mm
4) 241.93mm
5) 235.65mm

Cut 5 bits of rod/wire to this length, bend and TIG together to form the 5x rings you need.
The rings I made where round shaped by hand, where made from 2.5mm TIG welding filler rod and TIG welded together with the TIG set to 15Amps.
Each ring fitted in quite easily by removing the hose and heating the complete thing in HOT water and adding a little washing up liquid to the equation.
When you remove the hose you will clearly see which rubber rings they fit into. They don't go in the first three rings at the top!! they are solid, they fit into the next 5 down ;)

AndyH-R6S
1st Gear

Post by AndyH-R6S » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:27 am

Hi,

Would you have any more pictures of your air filter conversion and what you did, bought, etc? I have just finished my ignition coil conversion and was thinking about of getting rid of the stock filter and the air filter box for a system like yours.

Do you notice any difference? (i.e. is it drastically louder under acceleration, has it made a difference to the power delivery, etc) I have seen the ‘K&N’ add’s that suggest more power and although I use a ‘K&N’ flat panel filter I really have not noticed any difference.

Would you do anything different if you were to do it all again?

I have been looking at doing a similar conversion using the ‘K&N’ induction kit for the Audi RS4 (V6 version) and changing the kit accordingly.

Many Thanks,

Andy H.

Return to “S6 / S6 Plus”