Hello - new member

2.2 I5 20v turbo - 230bhp
4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 326bhp
aspro
Neutral

Hello - new member

Post by aspro » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:50 pm

Hi

I have just bought my first S car after afew years of audi ownership.

The car is an S6 Avant 1994 - and has had the MTM + 3 bar MAP upgrade, but it feels a bit low on power.

The car also idles at 1000 rpm which makes we think it might have an air leak.

Also i have a VAGCOM but cannpt find the OBD port on this car, and will plugging it in have any affect on the MTM chip ?

Advice would be greatly appreciated

AndrewD
Neutral

RE: Hello - new member

Post by AndrewD » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:24 pm

Hi. Welcome to Ur S-car ownership :)

When my UrS4 was hooked up to VAGCOM we used the connecters in the auxiliary fuse box - this is located in the top left corner of the engine bay in the scuttle area. Inside there are two 2x2 connectors which it was connected to. I don't kow of any reason why the MTM chip would affect the ability to connect the car to VAGCOM.

Good luck tracing the boost leak - it may be worth getting your hands on (or making) a boost pressure test kit - this article gives an idea of how to perform one on an S2.

It may also be worth checking and/or replacing the wastegate frequency valve (WGFV) AKA the N75 valve. Mine appeared to be operating correctly using the ECU output tests (see here) but was actually causing the ECU to default to wastegate spring controlled boost only (1.4 bar on the dash boost guage). Replacing it returned me to the joys of 2.0 bar indicated.

s2forum.com also has a lot of S4 and S6 owners on it and is a great source of expertise.

Good luck!

Andrew.

Return to “S6 / S6 Plus”