s4 or evo

2.2 I5 20v turbo - 230bhp
4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 280bhp
ckitsis
Neutral

s4 or evo

Post by ckitsis » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:25 pm

Did I say a bad word? :oops:

I am considering getting a new car soon. I have owned two audis in the past A42.0 and A6 3.0 qs.
I have driven the Mitsubishi EVO IX and it felt like a rocket with great grip and turning
I have also driven the S4 4.2 - different but nice.
C'mon Audi guys why should I join you in this forum in the future and why not the Mitsis?
(same question postet to a Mitsi forum)
Thanks

Nige_RS4
Cruising

RE: s4 or evo

Post by Nige_RS4 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:19 pm

OK, which S4 are we talking about here? The pre-97 S4 was a V8 non-turbo, the S42.2 was the famous 5-cylinder turbo engine (very strong and very tuneable). Both cars can be had for less than £3k these days. I'm not so sure you can find a EVO IX for anything like that money. Did you mean to post in this forum? Have you consider an RS4 - they can be picked up for the slightly over £25k now?

In terms of a preference, it depends on what you want - think subtlety and quality, as apposed to 'in your face' and cheap plastics. I'll leave you to figure out which car sits in which camp ;-)

Nige.

CliveH
Cruising

Post by CliveH » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:23 am

Or did you mean the new (B6/B7) S4 which is a 4.2 V8...?
Clive

S2 ABY coupe, S4 B5 saloon, S4 B6 avant
RS4 B7 phantom black saloon, mint, fully loaded, low mileage - FOR SALE!- http://www.rs246.com/index.php?name=PNp ... ic&t=88981
S8 D2 facelift, RS6 C5 saloon, both gone but not forgotten

confusionhunter
4th Gear

Post by confusionhunter » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:39 am

Yeah... Have a sit in both and I think you'll see the difference!
To use the metaphor of boxers....
The Evo is a competent boxer that can pack a powerful punch.... a showman that likes to shout about his ability
The S4 is a very competent boxer...quiet, doesnt like too much attention, but will take your head off when the circumstances call for it.....

So really depends what kind of person you are..... But the wise know its the quiet ones you have to watch ;)

The forced indcution S4s are extremely tunable in my opinion...... I think you may get more bang for buck with the S4 too, drive both......
What price bracket are you looking at?
Also, do you have a link to the Evo forum post... that would be interesting...

Return to “S4 2.2 / S4 4.2”