Modern Classics magazine needs an S4 B6 Convertible Tip

4.2 V8 40v Naturally Aspirated - 339bhp
modern_classics
Neutral

Modern Classics magazine needs an S4 B6 Convertible Tip

Post by modern_classics » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:37 pm

Hello all! Modern Classics magazine needs you – and you S4 B6 Convertible Tiptronic. We're planning a major feature on high-powered convertibles, starring the Audi S4 Convertible Tiptronic, BMW M3 E46, Alpina B3S and Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG.
We're looking to do this shoot in the Yorkshire area, on the moors (hopefully the weather will last...) in late August. Dates will be confirmed when all the possible cars are in place. There's no Top Gear-style silliness and in fact most of the driving will be done at 25mph-35mph. However, the cars will still be fully insured and a journalist will briefly get behind the wheel to get an impression of how they drive. Fuel costs will be refunded and food will be provided.
Interested? Drop us a line at Nathan.Chadwick@bauermedia.co.uk

Thanks,
Nathan Chadwick
Acting Managing Editor, Modern Classics magazine

PS. Any thoughts on the magazine so far? We have some more Audi content on the way ;)

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Re: Modern Classics magazine needs an S4 B6 Convertible Tip

Post by Surrey Sam » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:57 pm

Why pitch an S4 against those models. Surely an RS4 Cabriolet would be the more appropiate "Halo" competition?

i.e. Audi RS4 - Merc CLK63 AMG - Alpina B3 S - BMW M3/Z4M - Jag XKR - Lexus IS F

If you want a slushbox only test, then go:

Audi S4 - Merc CLK500 - Alpina B3 - BMW 330ci/Z4 3.0 - Jag XK 8 - Lexus SC430
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

daytonamart
5th Gear

Post by daytonamart » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:29 pm

Nathan,

I have been enjoying Modern Classics (when I can find it, seems to be WH Smiths only at the moment) it's a good read, brings back good memories from my formative years. Needs to be a bit more glossy though but I guess this will come in time.
Gone B8.5 A5 Sportback Black Edition Plus Floret Silver
Current C6 A6 Avant Silver TDi S line snotter
Gone B7 RS4 Sprint Blue Avant
Gone 8P A3 Sportback Reflex Silver
Gone 8V A3 Saloon Daytona Grey
Gone B7 A4 Reflex Silver
Gone B7 RS4 Daytona Grey Avant

modern_classics
Neutral

Post by modern_classics » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:38 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:Why pitch an S4 against those models. Surely an RS4 Cabriolet would be the more appropiate "Halo" competition?

i.e. Audi RS4 - Merc CLK63 AMG - Alpina B3 S - BMW M3/Z4M - Jag XKR - Lexus IS F

If you want a slushbox only test, then go:

Audi S4 - Merc CLK500 - Alpina B3 - BMW 330ci/Z4 3.0 - Jag XK 8 - Lexus SC430
Hi Sam; to inject an RS4 would be to disrupt some of the other areas of parity (gearboxes, in this particular case).
The theme is about four-seat cruisers that have the power to turn into nutters (obviously I'd need to work on the headline), and as such these are all cars that can comfortably cruise around the continent with just enough space, but still excite when needed.
The Jag, while having four seats, probably isn't the right match for the others in the test, as you'd have to be about two inches tall to fit in the back.
Thanks,
Nathan

Return to “S4 (B6 Type 8E/8H) 2003-2005 / (B7 Typ 8E/8H) 2005-2009”