Oil warning light?

4.2 V8 40v Naturally Aspirated - 339bhp
VAGMAN
Neutral

Oil warning light?

Post by VAGMAN » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:29 pm

My S4 is displaying an oil warning symbol, when check function is performed it asks for me to check level. I have and its fine.

The question i have is, if it were a pressure problem rather than level would I get a different warning & message via check button?

Obviously I can just chick a new level sensor in the sump & hope it's that but would rather not waste time & money if it's also possible the pump / pressure is at fault. No codes have been logged regarding anything to do with oil pressure either.

My hope is that some one here has had pressure issues and can recall what warning message or fault code was displayed & I. can then rule it out.

Also useful to know that the car has been off the road for a while now & im just getting my teeth into getting it back out, my instrument cluster has lost its back lighting, tell tale lights revs & mph dials. Temp, fuel gauge & centre screen ect all working. I have tried resetting by pulling the 10A fuse in position 15 but not made a difference. I'm tempted to pull the cluster and sent to BBA for inspection.

Any ideas or help appreciated.

Thanks.
B6 S4 Avant in Dolphin grey, manual with resonated Milltek, MMI and full black leather, parking sensors, carbon interior trim & glove box fridge?

Ian_C
Cruising

Re: Oil warning light?

Post by Ian_C » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:26 am

My now departed S4 would give false oil level readings when hot. I changed it as a precaution during an oil change (I was advised you cannot do the sensor without doing the oil too)

Your dash problem sounds very much like mine did when my battery died the day before I was due a service at Audi. I got it started after putting it on charge, it drove like an absolute pig, tell tale lights revs & mph dials not working, was fine after a new battery and being plugged into Audis computers etc. So don't be too hasty ripping the dash out?
B5 B6 B7 B9

Return to “S4 (B6 Type 8E/8H) 2003-2005 / (B7 Typ 8E/8H) 2005-2009”