S4 hesitation at 4K revs

2.7 V6 30v biturbo - 251bhp
2.7 V6 30v biturbo - 261bhp
YA55ER_C
Neutral

S4 hesitation at 4K revs

Post by YA55ER_C » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:23 pm

Hi was wondering if anyone could help I'm having some issues with my B5 S4 (running ko4's and mapped by MRC Tuning)

I took my S4 out and it started holding back at around 4K revs and splutters all the way to redline.

I plugged Vagcom in and got a few codes,

Now I reset them and done a throttle alignment the car didn't like this at all the accelerator stopped working properly, took the car out and it would accelerate very slowly felt like a loss of all power and codes wouldn't clear.

Left it a week came back to it today and at first it was doing the same thing then after 2mins of driving all hell broke lose and the power was back, I checked the codes reset everything took it for a drive and got these come back

Cleared that and took it for another drive and got a fault for Oxygen (Lambda) B1 S1 No activity but I was watching the sensors in measuring blocks and they where working as they should be.

Then I reset it again and went for a long drive came back and only have this left now,

Now could this be causing a erratic idle and the holding back issue? Car starts fine when cold and when hot.

Any help would be much appreciated thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimonS4MTM
Top Gear

Re: S4 hesitation at 4K revs

Post by SimonS4MTM » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:10 pm

I am no expert, but.....engine speed sensor is showing as a problem in all three instances. My experience tells me that a fault can trigger other faults so this is most likely causing the other faults you have.

Don't know where the engine speed sensor is located or how easy it is to change, but I would start there.
| RS4 - B7 | Phantom Black | Seit 2017 |
| S4 - B5 | Ebony Black | Seit 2002 |

YA55ER_C
Neutral

Re: S4 hesitation at 4K revs

Post by YA55ER_C » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:53 pm

SimonS4MTM wrote:I am no expert, but.....engine speed sensor is showing as a problem in all three instances. My experience tells me that a fault can trigger other faults so this is most likely causing the other faults you have.

Don't know where the engine speed sensor is located or how easy it is to change, but I would start there.
Changed it yesterday and cars running perfect now was abit of a pain in the back side as it's right down the back end of the engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “S4 (B5 Typ 8D) 1997-2002”