Post by audiluver » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:57 pm

hi all, sorta new here..

is this worth the money?
http://www.parts4euro.com/forge-motorsp ... -1462.html

brn7y
4th Gear

Re: upgrades?

Post by brn7y » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:20 pm

Mmmmm, a dump valve for a none Turbo car......................walks away quickly!
2012 Phantom Black Audi Q5 2.0Tdi 177 S-Tronic S-Line Plus

VCDS Genuine Rosstech USB-HEX+CAN Owner - PM if you want any coding/mods done in Aberdeenshire

audiluver
Neutral

Post by audiluver » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:00 pm

Thanks, very helpful.

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:17 pm

brn7y wrote:Mmmmm, a dump valve for a none Turbo car......................walks away quickly!

????????? b5 is a turbo car!
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

brn7y
4th Gear

Post by brn7y » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:32 pm

The title says B7
2012 Phantom Black Audi Q5 2.0Tdi 177 S-Tronic S-Line Plus

VCDS Genuine Rosstech USB-HEX+CAN Owner - PM if you want any coding/mods done in Aberdeenshire

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:00 pm

Partially my bad. You can get petrol turbo cars in b7 platform, they shouldn't have included s4 and rs4 though the idiots.
OP, sadly we don't get many b5 owners on here. Might be worth a search through the posts in the b5 forum or take a look over on the other site.
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

supersi
3rd Gear

Post by supersi » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:08 pm

Not recommended to vent to atmosphere. S4 b5 is a closed loop Dual DV system venting back into its self to improve response.

Please don't venture away from this forum just post up any B5 questions and i will try answer any if possible and if i cant i will get someone that will.
Email : simon@turboengineering.de Phone : +44 (0)7825 884236 FaceBook : https://www.facebook.com/TheTurboEngineers

reaper
Neutral

Post by reaper » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:19 am

Hi guys, I am new member here but spent a lot of time before reading all posts since I got my S4 B5 ‘99. Had a lot of issues with it but now it’s almost sorted, few bits left that I want to ask here for advises for a further fix and upgrade my s4.
Spent a lot of time reading and collecting information but anyway couldn’t find the best decision for it. Also want to spend as less as possible to make it work.
Sorry if some questions sounds childish, but there is couple thing I don’t get it.
Main question
1. What parts MUST to be changed/upgraded to get around 350bhp.
a) I know everybody says exhaust. But please anything specific? Is it supposed to be changed complete (incl. manifolds and cat.converters).
I already have stainless downpipes (2,5” I think, cheap bid on ebay for brand new ones) so catback part left. What about cat.converters? Some say that they de-cat their exhaust system, but isn’t it an MOT failure?
Is this system would be good for my needs? But isn’t it an MOT failure?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A4-S4-2- ... 20b80ad91c
b) Intercoolers? Necessary? If yes – anything particular? With easy swap change if possible
c) Spark plugs? Pls provide exact part no. or link
d) Air intake system? Anything? Boost pressure system, valves?
e) Remap for sure
f) Anything else necessary? Bipipe? Any other straight swap parts?
2. Lowered suspension has been installed when I bought this S4 and there is an issue with tracking. Front tires inner edges wear badly and there is no possibility to adjust that (what man at the garage said. NOTE – tracking equipment brand new). It will sort that with adjustable wishbones or smthing? – he said. There is probably no such thing for audi but there must be something. I reject the option to change to a stock suspension. Anyone knows for sure how sort this?
If this is what I need? Adjustable arms?:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-Front-Up ... 27dc2cb97a

I know for some of you guys it sounds funny this topic but there should be some kind of template of getting there. Ie. Exhaust – there are many brands and prices but there should be one which is cheap and ENOUGH to get to my bhp. Don’t want to buy expensive miltek system if it is enough to get unbranded option to achieve results.

Thanks for your time guys really appreciate. Hope to get here that priceless information and buy what I need than fit and enjoy before spring.

Regards,
Tony

Return to “S4 (B5 Typ 8D) 1997-2002”